Chief minister declares climate emergency

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I really don’t believe they think things through.

will the first meaningful strike at carbon emissions therefore be the winding down of the TT?

Or, how about a fuel limit as in F1?

There's so much the IOM could do yet, as always does so little.

Taxation bandwagon. Nothing else. Been listening to Harmer's MAMIL bullshit as well most likely.

Let's see if Quayle's willing to increase the tax on farmer's red diesel as part of the measures.

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Taxation bandwagon. Nothing else. Been listening to Harmer's MAMIL bullshit as well most likely.

Let's see if Quayle's willing to increase the tax on farmer's red diesel as part of the measures.

We'll end up paying for any increases anyway in the products they produce and we buy. We can't win. They've got all of us by the gonads.

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And increase the road tax on tractors ( one recently advertised on FB boasting £ 15 annual tax)?

27 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

We'll end up paying for any increases anyway in the products they produce and we buy. We can't win. They've got all of us by the gonads.

They don't produce anything much though, do they? Spuds, carrots and cabbages. And meat that's far more expensive than its imported competitors. I certainly wouldn't starve if I boycotted Manx produce anyway.

Where would any of the revenue from increased environmental charges be spent? Wind farms? Nope, we've got the NIMBYS to contend with and the MUA debt to pay off.

More cycle lanes? Can't remember the last time I saw a pushbike using the Lezayre Rd, Ramsey one. Is the Peel Rd lane heaving with cyclists either? Waste of time and money.

That leaves the favourite Govt costs and expenditures. And we know what they are. DOI justification schemes, Grants to the favoured, salaries and pensions.

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

More cycle lanes? Can't remember the last time I saw a pushbike using the Lezayre Rd, Ramsey one. Is the Peel Rd lane heaving with cyclists either? Waste of time and money.

This is, of course, the road they would have cycled down anyway......

15 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

This is, of course, the road they would have cycled down anyway......

Did a bit of site seeing yesterday and was shocked at what the Spanish cyclists do.:o

Bastards actually move over and ride in single file ( even on the edge of the road) if the road is narrow.

Would not be allowed over here.:lol:

3 hours ago, MrPB said:

I take it he’s sold the big V8 Jag now and bought a mountain bike...

Not on Wednesday he hadn't! It may also be a benefit to the climate initiative if the Isle of Man Government reduced its output of hot air.

Archived