Roadside cameras to catch road tax dodgers

Amadeus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 hours ago, x-in-man said:

That is not an ANPR camera.  They should have made a 'camera' out of an old tissue box with sticky back plastic and it would have been more convincing.

You can run ANPR off a Rasberry Pi and a tiny camera.

It's not hi-tech.

1 hour ago, slinkydevil said:

You can run ANPR off a Rasberry Pi and a tiny camera.

It's not hi-tech.

I can't. All I've been able to do with my Pi is turn it into an awesome retro gaming console. FFVII, MarioKart64 and SNES Superbomberman all the way.

On 5/23/2019 at 9:31 AM, the stinking enigma said:

They'd have been better off hiding a few speed cameras around the place for TT week.

But the ANPR cameras would need to face forward, to catch the rear of the bike, as bikes don`t have front number plates ?

Speed cameras in TT week would be seen as a money making opportunity ( could go towards the public pension black whole ) ?

On 5/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, the stinking enigma said:

I have it on good authority that the anpr gear has been here a good while. Just nobody knew how to use it.

I have it on good authority that the anpr gear RADAR has been here a good while. Just nobody knew how to use it.

That satement rings a bell, that sounds the New / Old "Marconi" Radar at ronalsdway.

10 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

You can just see the department arguing against the 312 good public agreements on the 'Save campaign' and the one in the DOI kitchen being given the go-ahead.

The camera gear looks like it was cobbled together in the DOI kitchen....

Archived