Horse trams on the wrong track

On The Bus

Didn't DCorp sell the stables a while ago??? Perhaps to the Govt Half a mil rings a bell.

Either way, the stables along with Paramount would be a valuable site for more apartments!!! Could even put more money into the Sefton if they still own the Paramount!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, kevster said:

On that short stretch of track there is nowhere to change from one side to the other. 

Thanks for confirming that. In that case they shouldn't be running until they reach somewhere that they can change over 

59 minutes ago, kevster said:

On that short stretch of track there is nowhere to change from one side to the other. 

Which begs the question why are they bothering? I drove up that stretch a few times today. Not one person ever seen on a tram except the driver and conductor. A roaring success for all the major inconvenience caused! 

Too many clowns on this forum.I think you will find (and I am no great fan of Mr Longworth) that thousands (yes you read it here first) of packages for Great Railways Journeys of the World have been sold most of which are for early season tourists.They include a horse tram ride and those horses are raring to go unless of course you want them shot.Of course most of you gobshites would not have got out of bed early enough to see the diverse number of tourists filling up hotel rooms and generally promoting the Island.Incidentally the cost of the horse trams running for a whole season is less than a quarter of an Airport firemans retirement lump sum or the total cost of a school cleaners pension.Reign it in and look at the bigger picture..:o

Problem gambling

Gambling can develop into a real problem for some people, affecting them not only financially, but also from a social and psychological point of view. When this happens, gambling may not only be hurting them, but also their family and friends.

Gambling may have become a problem if you find you are

• spending more money and time on gambling than intended.
  • starting to lie about your gambling habits and hiding them from other people.
  • borrowing money to pay for general living expenses – e.g. utility bills, basic groceries.
  • losing interest in any activity other than gambling.
  • finding your work or home life is being affected.
  • feeling unable to take breaks when gambling for a prolonged period.
  • neglecting your own welfare and that of your family.

If you are an Isle of Man resident and concerned with any of the above or feel gambling is taking over your life, the Isle of Man can offer the following free services:-

• If you are in a crisis situation (i.e. with thoughts of self harm) should contact the 24hr Crisis Response Team on +44 1624 642860.
  • If you have a debt problem arising from gambling, can contact a Debt Counsellor confidentially on +44 1624 686510.

For those who wish to contact an off-island confidential advice and assistance service, please contact:

3 minutes ago, SJR said:

Too many clowns on this forum.I think you will find (and I am no great fan of Mr Longworth) that thousands (yes you read it here first) of packages for Great Railways Journeys of the World have been sold most of which are for early season tourists.They include a horse tram ride and those horses are raring to go unless of course you want them shot.Of course most of you gobshites would not have got out of bed early enough to see the diverse number of tourists filling up hotel rooms and generally promoting the Island.Incidentally the cost of the horse trams running for a whole season is less than a quarter of an Airport firemans retirement lump sum or the total cost of a school cleaners pension.Reign it in and look at the bigger picture..:o

No it isn’t

it costs over 300k to run

an airport firefighter does not retire with a£1.2m lump sum

It does not cost £300k and an airport fireman as EVERYONE knows retired with a million pound lump sum.Incidentally young man tell us all about your pension pot as I am sure that all the kids leaving school will be amazed at the largesse of this Island.

2 minutes ago, SJR said:

It does not cost £300k and an airport fireman as EVERYONE knows retired with a million pound lump sum.

I didn't know that. Are you sure that really happened or perhaps you are talking about a cash transfer value which was invested into a new scheme of his own?

The reason  ask is that under the terms of the scheme a £1m lump sum on retirement is simply not possible

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Problem gambling

Gambling can develop into a real problem for some people, affecting them not only financially, but also from a social and psychological point of view. When this happens, gambling may not only be hurting them, but also their family and friends.

Gambling may have become a problem if you find you are

• spending more money and time on gambling than intended.
  • starting to lie about your gambling habits and hiding them from other people.
  • borrowing money to pay for general living expenses – e.g. utility bills, basic groceries.
  • losing interest in any activity other than gambling.
  • finding your work or home life is being affected.
  • feeling unable to take breaks when gambling for a prolonged period.
  • neglecting your own welfare and that of your family.

If you are an Isle of Man resident and concerned with any of the above or feel gambling is taking over your life, the Isle of Man can offer the following free services:-

• If you are in a crisis situation (i.e. with thoughts of self harm) should contact the 24hr Crisis Response Team on +44 1624 642860.
  • If you have a debt problem arising from gambling, can contact a Debt Counsellor confidentially on +44 1624 686510.

For those who wish to contact an off-island confidential advice and assistance service, please contact:

Have you posted on the wrong topic?

6 minutes ago, SJR said:

It does not cost £300k and an airport fireman as EVERYONE knows retired with a million pound lump sum.Incidentally young man tell us all about your pension pot as I am sure that all the kids leaving school will be amazed at the largesse of this Island.

Are you just posting tripe to annoy everyone 

2 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I didn't know that. Are you sure that really happened or perhaps you are talking about a cash transfer value which was invested into a new scheme of his own?

The reason  ask is that under the terms of the scheme a £1m lump sum on retirement is simply not possible

Regardless of the ins and outs, how the fuck does a fireman end up with a million pound pension pot!

Absolute fact..Yes on the odd occasion when I am on here I may go off on one (and who does not) it is well known that an airport fireman got a million pound lump sum.Absolute fact and I am amazed that some of you allegedly well informed punters did not know that.I have been posting on facebook  but I may have to come back in combating you clowns as you are clueless..

Maybe we should have told Mr Longworth that there used to be a railway running out the Queen's Pier in Ramsey?

In which case the pier would have been restored to pristine, as new condition by now, rather than a handful of crowd-funded bods doing it in their spare time. :lol:

Archived