Government Appoint Climate Guru

foxdaleliberationfront

According to the Government's mouthpiece, there is a new climate guru who is going to save us all and the polar bears! 

I'm impressed at how quickly the Government have reacted... should be a nice little earner for those involved! 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/govt-announces-climate-emergency-team-chair/

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

According to the Government's mouthpiece, there is a new climate guru who is going to save us all and the polar bears! 

I'm impressed at how quickly the Government have reacted... should be a nice little earner for those involved

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/govt-announces-climate-emergency-team-chair/

Of which, no doubt, there will be many...

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

As a farmer I would have thought that Quayle was the obvious candidate.  After all his care for all things environmental are ---- oh wait.

50 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Indeed. I bet there'll be a drive now to create another little empire.

No doubt IoMG will shed a few more coalface workers from other areas though in order to prove that Govt employment numbers have not risen.

So this is the guy that's going to plant 85,000 trees. 1 for every £ of his annual salary.  Ace. Get on with it...

I'm sure he could enlist some of the very helpful people at the Climate Change Coalition to pick up their spades and help. Or are they busy doing "die ins"?

In fact, I'm starting a new charity.

Tree buddies. Who's with me?

40 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Indeed. I bet there'll be a drive now to create another little empire.

No doubt IoMG will shed a few more coalface workers from other areas though in order to prove that Govt employment numbers have not risen.

an empire made up of recent IOMG retirees...

Have never read such absolute rubbish as this. A Climate Emergency Consultative Transformation Team ? What exactly does that mean in old money?

The climate has been and will continue to change in perpetuity but now we need a 'team' to navigate our way through it? Keeps a load of timewasters in jobs I suppose instead of them clogging up the dole queue. Apart from our newly imported environment guru obviously.

Total waste of taxpayers dosh.     Start charging 50p for plastic bags, put a 50p import duty on every bottle of water imported to be paid by the retailer and passed on to these idiots who persist in posing with bottled water at every opportunity.   Persuade all premises to have available tap water.    With the money collected install water fountains in public places.   Sponsor cheap cloth shopping bags.  Ban balloons they are revolting and are a danger to livestock. Do more to encourage recycling, every place that sells anything in a plastic or glass bottle to have a recycling bin outside that gets emptied very regularly.   More convenient recycling spots.   I could go on, just small things that would help without bringing some tree hugger over here on an island inflated salary.   I bet other people could come up with other and better ideas for free for nothing.

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Have never read such absolute rubbish as this. A Climate Emergency Consultative Transformation Team ? What exactly does that mean in old money?

The climate has been and will continue to change in perpetuity but now we need a 'team' to navigate our way through it? Keeps a load of timewasters in jobs I suppose instead of them clogging up the dole queue. Apart from our newly imported environment guru obviously.

Dole queue? having a laugh aren't you. These selected positions will already have been filled by recently or ready to retire government staff.

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Dole queue? having a laugh aren't you. These selected positions will already have been filled by recently or ready to retire government staff.

That's kind of my point.

3 hours ago, Lxxx said:

A Climate Emergency Consultative Transformation Team ?

What the actual fuck? I thought you were on a wind-up with this, but then I read the link and it's real. I'll bet Professor Curran can't believe his luck.

Millions of points a climate change emergency consultative transformation team need to look at. Here are just a couple.

Windy as fuck here, most of the time. No wind turbines. Not a single one. Look east out to sea or fly to Liverpool along the north Wales coast and look out of the window, there are thousands. Its pathetic. Are we still pouring diesel into the incinerator? The whole situation is mental.

Someone told me the Manannin meets all applicable emissions levels, have you ever been on it on a really calm day? Miles and miles of visible stinking fumes. If it does pass there is something wrong with those targets.

What's the car ownership level over here again? 60000 vehicles? Crackers. There is some kind of free bus campaign running, they had a stall at Tynwald. I'm onboard. Are you?

I could carry on and on about things that could be improved, but let's see what they can look at other than their bank balances.

Archived