Heritage railways passengers numbers

Amadeus

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I wonder what the basic price of a blow job is on IOMG overtime and weekend rates? The bus drivers get £19.60 an hour just for driving a bus on a 

....wonder if it attracts a 37hr working week, annual pay increase and a pension? And a hi-falutin Job Description as well - Mouth Relief Operative, maybe

19 hours ago, monasqueen said:

The trouble with cruise ships is that their passengers do not get channelled through the Sea Terminal, so most won't even know that there is a whelk home centre inside.

How about a nice cheap idea.......  put advertising A boards up outside the doors on cruise ship days.

It's not rocket science.

The kiosk was a bit silly, may have been open different times, but much of what it did duplicated what was available in the main shop. It suggests to me that the main shop should have a larger variety of Manx souvenirs available, with an extra person manning a till on cruise ship days?

It will/would never have worked..... that's a far too sensible suggestion. :w00t:

3 hours ago, Manxberry said:

They wouldn't dare be seen on a Bus vannin. It's private coaches all the way. 

Bus Vannin do put on special buses for cruise passengers they even have a boat on the sign. It wouldn't be a surprise if these are yet another freebie from DFE in our headlong pursuit for yet another money losing "enterprise".

Wooley, don;t encourage BV to spend more money on buses. They already have more that they need and with Longtooth back in charge, I've no doubt, they will have a shopping list on the tender trail!!!

Truth is, there needs to be a new person in charge or transport to ensure us, the public, that there is a genuine reason for any new aquisitions of buses.

From the current admin, we cannot be sure of that genuism?

There is little that BV can do to reduce the 6mill deficit, perhaps it is time to stop trying???

Heard a story about Electric Tram the other day regarding Longworth creative numbers traveling on it . Very good source and seems he allegedly might have been counting Dgls to Groudle , Groudle to Laxey , laxey to Maughold and Maughold to Ramsey countered as 4 ! When he retired !!! They counted as one hence the numbers issue . Could believe it tbh . 

During the season some of those MER  trams resemble BV's double and single deck buses in respect of the numbers of passengers aboard. i.e. single figures.

Archived