easy jet

doc.fixit

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

Every airline is doing the same. Leaves us in the same place as everyone else - April is going to be a quiet month. 

Airport government boys will be on full salary though, don't you worry about that. 

Bet the March and April passenger figures will still break all records though....

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Bet the March and April passenger figures will still break all records though....

Well I suppose they will in a sense. 

But it's worth pointing out that the air passenger figures are accurate and they have to be.  The numbers are also given to the CAA who publish then separately.  And the CAA can check the figures against those from other airports - if twice as many people arrive from Liverpool as left there, then they will want to know why.  Not even the DoI would try to pretend that they picked them up at Port St Mary on the way.

Many airports are closing or reducing down to skeleton operations for the foreseeable. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-51964008 <- Edinburgh expecting close to zero demand

https://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/more-fears-for-wick-airport-194134/ <-- Wick and other airports lost all scheduled services and thus are cutting ATC etc. 

Not here though. The private sector there has already furloughed off a bunch from retail and handling. Not the government workers though, full whack for them all. Full steam ahead on the gravy train! 

37 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

Not here though. The private sector there has already furloughed off a bunch from retail and handling. Not the government workers though, full whack for them all. Full steam ahead on the gravy train! 

I think you'll find that'll last the max of six month's then it will be an enforced wage reduction or lose your job. If you listen to what Cannan said in his first speech he hinted at this.

It's going to be a long year and an even longer recovery. The only way forward now is China style full-lock down.

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I think you'll find that'll last the max of six month's then it will be an enforced wage reduction or lose your job.

I think a lot of people running businesses or employed in the private sector would be looking at that and thinking it looks mightily generous.

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

Apart from patient transfers

Amazon are putting a Drone service in place for this.

Make sure your seatbelts are tight and be prepared to be left on the doorstep!!!

Archived