easy jet

doc.fixit

38 minutes ago, WTF said:

getting into a confined space with a load of others, great idea, you are right about there being no shortage of fuckwits

Surgical masks, gloves, glasses.

You have heard of these things, yes?

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

If this has made your week you must be very easy to please.

Boris Johnson is completely useless and totally out of his depth. 

One important test of leadership is never, ever be afraid to challenge the SME's.

Johnson has clearly not done this. But only because he figures that for SME's read fall guys. Only last week you were supposed to go to the match and infect a couple of people! What?

They keep bleating that the UK is three weeks behind Italy. Errrr excuse me PM and SME's but we are three MONTHS behind China! Who appear to have it under control. They also reported that a Japanese flu jab made quite a difference. So where is it?

The "only testing in hospital" was another massive blunder. As the WHO told them "How can you deal with a virus when you don't know where it is?"

The town of Vo in Italy was suffering from the virus. As part of a research effort they tested all 3,300 people in the town. They turned up various folks who were asymptomatic. They quarantined them and the virus with it. No more cases in Vo.

That's the thing. There is a whole raft of best practices and methodologies developed over the last few months that our lot just seemed to ignore. Johnson has a very great deal to answer for.

We also have responsibilities across - called kids. Which was the decider.

Who would have them?

Daughter #2 is self-isolating having spent two days working next to someone who has gone down with the virus.

Enjoy your little joke Woolster. And by the way Johnson doesn't fund our healthcare. We do. Along with the money we're wasting paying him for his three word soundbites. Before you know it you'll be hearing "Get Covid-19 Done!" while the hospitals fill up with the vulnerable....

Enjoy the party, PK. I just don't see your logic. No good blaming the daughter now, by the way, after saying you'd "done the maths" and decried the shortcomings of Mann without a mention of her.

Good luck!

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Enjoy the party, PK. I just don't see your logic. No good blaming the daughter now, by the way, after saying you'd "done the maths" and decried the shortcomings of Mann without a mention of her.

Good luck!

"Decried the shortcomings of Mann" - dear me. Not been taking lessons in hyperbole from twisted quilp have you?

So is there more than one hospital I haven't heard of? Didn't think so. More than six ventilators? No doubt more on the way.... Just telling it like it is.

Despite the efforts of Johnson and his tory party there are infinitely more medical resources across. It is also much easier to self-isolate as there are various supermarkets doing deliveries. Five we can call on as we've used them before - compared to your Tesco where getting a single delivery slot is bloody challenging.

But we stay here because we like it.

Good luck PK, you must do what you think best.

Leaving here appears to be fairly low risk currently. Though the bulk mobile testing we are awaiting results for might change that.

I hear Charities here are meeting Monday and hopefully a more coordinated and secure distribution network for aiding vulnerable people might soon result.

51 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Good luck PK, you must do what you think best.

Leaving here appears to be fairly low risk currently. Though the bulk mobile testing we are awaiting results for might change that.

I hear Charities here are meeting Monday and hopefully a more coordinated and secure distribution network for aiding vulnerable people might soon result.

Thanks.

Booked the flight on the 5th which, of course, still left all our options open. Notice the fares have been climbing since then. Found out about daughter #2 on Friday. Which clinched it. So far no symptoms.

Why the Woolster would get so excited about our actual physical location is beyond me.

Good luck looking after the oldsters. Been there, done that, got the scar tissue...

6 hours ago, Manxberry said:

Are you selling up too? 

Why, are you looking to buy?

We live in M-town. When we were both retired we bought a small holiday apartment here in 2017 where I come from. Very surprised to find we are spending so much time here, even in the winter months. It was very easy to taxi to Manchester airport and then you're here. Liverpool is nothing like as convenient....

If I'm honest, looking at Italy makes me glad not to be in the UK.

Overwhelmed healthcare system, old people dying. Hundreds per day.

Me and MrsNoTailT considered safer alternative places to go and decided we would rather stick to our guns here.

Stay safe and healthy.

14 minutes ago, woolley said:

Irony. Highlands and Islands, Cornwall, rural areas all over the country are being swamped with people desperate to leave the cities. PK will no doubt pass some of them on the way in. Funny old world. 

I know a few that have fled here, especially when the number of cases was reported as zero :P

13 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

I know a few that have fled here, especially when the number of cases was reported as zero :P

Some with holiday homes have come down rather than staying in the city.

Sensible people picking mussels and cockles, supplies are plentiful.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Irony. Highlands and Islands, Cornwall, rural areas all over the country are being swamped with people desperate to leave the cities. PK will no doubt pass some of them on the way in. Funny old world. 

In the departure lounge.

On our own.

To think I paid extra to reserve seats....

Archived