easy jet

doc.fixit

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things have changed since Flybe. My idea would be close airport. Manannan is hospital ship plus possibly small freight. All passengers only via Heysham and only on the daytime sailings. Overnight sailings should be freight only. What do you reckon? 

11 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Things have changed since Flybe. My idea would be close airport. Manannan is hospital ship plus possibly small freight. All passengers only via Heysham and only on the daytime sailings. Overnight sailings should be freight only. What do you reckon? 

Bad idea.

There isnt enough freight.

depending on what is cheaper to run then with few or no visitors a single daily crossing by Ben or Arrow could handle freight - the Ben has enough staff cabins to keep crew on board.
Run Manannan twice a week to Liverpool 8.30 am out 6.30pm back (are there still any cruise ships operating out of Liverpool - if not then just stay at Pierhead all day) take any hospital transfers in their own section (maybe the cinema) - no direct Irish service but transfer via Liverpool.

To all of those suggesting using Manannan for hospital transfers:

Have you ever had to do that, either for admission, or chemo or consultation day returns.

I’ve done over 100 trips over 30 months. Getting up for the 7am plane, coming back on the 5pm or 8pm. I’d not fancy two return trips a week on Manannan.

Appointments can’t just be done on two days a week like Frances suggests. Different consultants, different specialities, different hospitals, different days.

It’s a 3 hour trip, rather than 25 minutes. So 6 hours travelling, instead of an hour, plus taxis each end. Manannan isn’t designed for persons with restricted mobility. The lifts are inadequate.

And I’m sure the cost of running Manannan would be much more than a 30 seater turbo prop plane.

Yes, I’m aware that’s how it used to be in the days of the side loaders. And it’s tolerable for a few days in airline collapse emergency or if you can’t fly. But long term its not good. Presumably Loganair will continue the Liverpool flights anyway.

We are leaving on Sleazy tomorrow.

Gave it a lot of consideration. Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much care you take yourself it only takes one fuckwit to trash your efforts. And looking at the empty shelves there is no shortage of fuckwits. We also did the sums. Over 15,000 folks 65+, one hospital, six ventilators.

Added to that most stuff you need someone has to put it on a boat.

But it's still a very difficult call. Time will tell....

We were marooned by the Flymaybe nosedive so thought ourselves lucky to get Sleazy tickets at pretty much the same price. When booking the seats it seemed to be pretty full. But that was before the 14 day self isolation edict.

A friend flew back from Hamburg yesterday with the passengers in single figures.

I wonder how many will turn up tomorrow....?

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Gave it a lot of consideration. Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much care you take yourself it only takes one fuckwit to trash your efforts. And looking at the empty shelves there is no shortage of fuckwits. We also did the sums. Over 15,000 folks 65+, one hospital, six ventilators.

We were marooned by the Flymaybe nosedive so thought ourselves lucky to get Sleazy tickets at pretty much the same price. When booking the seats it seemed to be pretty full. But that was before the 14 day self isolation edict.

A friend flew back from Hamburg yesterday with the passengers in single figures.

You're not holing up in Norfolk with Rog are you....?

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Pffftt. This has made my week. :D:D

So you leave a place of low infection to go to an urban area. You think air travel carries no risk of infection? You think there are no fuckwits over there? Have you not seen the empty shelves filmed in the UK, not to mention the 2 mile queues outside? Best of all, you are committing yourself to the tender mercies of totally amoral, narcissistic, serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson to look after and fund your healthcare. Fantastic!!! :D What a bloody hypocrite!

33 minutes ago, P.K. said:

getting into a confined space with a load of others, great idea, you are right about there being no shortage of fuckwits

33 minutes ago, woolley said:

Pffftt. This has made my week. :D:D

So you leave a place of low infection to go to an urban area. You think air travel carries no risk of infection? You think there are no fuckwits over there? Have you not seen the empty shelves filmed in the UK, not to mention the 2 mile queues outside? Best of all, you are committing yourself to the tender mercies of totally amoral, narcissistic, serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson to look after and fund your healthcare. Fantastic!!! :D What a bloody hypocrite!

If this has made your week you must be very easy to please.

Boris Johnson is completely useless and totally out of his depth. 

One important test of leadership is never, ever be afraid to challenge the SME's.

Johnson has clearly not done this. But only because he figures that for SME's read fall guys. Only last week you were supposed to go to the match and infect a couple of people! What?

They keep bleating that the UK is three weeks behind Italy. Errrr excuse me PM and SME's but we are three MONTHS behind China! Who appear to have it under control. They also reported that a Japanese flu jab made quite a difference. So where is it?

The "only testing in hospital" was another massive blunder. As the WHO told them "How can you deal with a virus when you don't know where it is?"

The town of Vo in Italy was suffering from the virus. As part of a research effort they tested all 3,300 people in the town. They turned up various folks who were asymptomatic. They quarantined them and the virus with it. No more cases in Vo.

That's the thing. There is a whole raft of best practices and methodologies developed over the last few months that our lot just seemed to ignore. Johnson has a very great deal to answer for.

We also have responsibilities across - called kids. Which was the decider.

Who would have them?

Daughter #2 is self-isolating having spent two days working next to someone who has gone down with the virus.

Enjoy your little joke Woolster. And by the way Johnson doesn't fund our healthcare. We do. Along with the money we're wasting paying him for his three word soundbites. Before you know it you'll be hearing "Get Covid-19 Done!" while the hospitals fill up with the vulnerable....

Archived