IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

37 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Well we should be able to achieve elimination and then management. With a move onto mitigation further down the line.

There's far more freedom that way.

Not talking UK here.....talking Isle of Man.

ETA how the fuck have we thrown it away?

How the fuckety fuck fuck.

Well if you read Howie comments in the gef summary I posted he says that as some unexplained cases can’t be ruled out & we’re ready for it, that says elimination is gone as policy 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Declan said:

This is odd ...

I'm sure the intention is well meaning. But, is this promoting a pyramid scheme.

Not sure it is really.  She may be involved in a pyramid scheme but she is giving away the product to key workers. 

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes Christine Cowin, unfortunately the interview is getting several negative comments on Iom news & politics 

I haven't seen the comments there. Like I say she seems genuine in her motivation, even mentions she paid for some of the stock herself. However, the firm she is representing does look a bit like a pyramid scheme.

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well if you read Howie comments in the gef summary I posted he says that as some unexplained cases can’t be ruled out & we’re ready for it, that says elimination is gone as policy 😀

Stunning - a triple negative there - reading your comment on GEF commenting on Quayle commenting on something - hit own toes with hammer.......

One feels objectivity and fact maybe diluted 

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Sausage fingers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Stunning - a triple negative there - reading your comment on GEF commenting on Quayle commenting on something - hit own toes with hammer.......

One feels objectivity and fact maybe diluted 

Did he not say that this morning before today's unknown case came to light?

If so, I think he will have been talking about what to expect when we move to the transition phase. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes Christine Cowin, unfortunately the interview is getting several negative comments on Iom news & politics 

After Vader's opening comment describing her as "the pretty one" I can sense a meltdown, a thread lockdown, and a number of bannings coming on...

image.png.4bffc0acdf0f8a8d1106e5160ba6c1d9.png

• Haha 3

Chasing elimination is going to get very irritating, as it appears that any slip with this Kent variant spawns a new case. Given the exit plan timeframe, vaccination program and a general unwillingness by many to go into a lockdown as strict as last year, we are unfortunately going to have to put up with some restrictions and hopefully released from lockdown, or else we will be resetting the clock repeatedly for a bloody long time. Can you imagine today’s case coming after two weeks with no unknown cases, it will be like slow torture. I really do hope that we get no more unknown cases and normality resumes, but the pragmatic side of me says let’s just get on with it.  If we don’t, I suspect Barlow nerves will be in shreds after several more ‘resets’ 😉.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Peel prom and beach packed when we went down for a quick local stroll this afternoon, we turned round and headed away, queue outside Davison’s forcing anyone who wanted to distance into road as other side packed with many partially and non masked people enjoying the holidays as though pre - pandemic. This won’t end soon if people allowed to ignore the proven way out which is to stay away from each other for a while.

• Like 2