Abolish something.

parchedpeas

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would abolish the planning committee and let local authorities decide what is good. And proper for their district.   If I may have two suggestions I would abolish the Fair trading standards lot especially after the gas fiasco, toothless tigers.

:whistling:

17 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The Bishop in Tynwald and The Living Hope nonsense - good luck to them baptising their deluded new intake in The Lido sewers and keeping 2 metres apart.

Peter Murcott - abolish him immediately.

Amen to all that brother. And god bless you for the reprieve you granted to the Felt Museum monorail. May your camels multiply.

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I would abolish the planning committee and let local authorities decide what is good. And proper for their district.   If I may have two suggestions I would abolish the Fair trading standards lot especially after the gas fiasco, toothless tigers.

:whistling:

Abolish local authorities! The planning committee only look at contentious applications and appeals. Most planning decisions are taken by the planning office so I would say that they are very important in ensuring that those issues are properly resolved.

4 hours ago, wrighty said:

I’ll defend. Keep the NSC - it’s exactly the thing government should be using taxpayers money to fund. Sport and exercise are generally good things, and having a facility that anyone can use - gym, pool, courts etc - rather than having to join a private club, is what I’d like to see my taxes spent on. The health and wellbeing it creates could well save money for DHSC in the future. 

I’d abolish the horse trams. 

Agree 1000% . So get it open pronto.

Insurance companies who have let customers down during this crisis.Its annoying having to talk to professional payout evaders,that are employed by some companies.I exclude Direct line,who were brilliant when i was robbed in Nice , France, last summer,their service was outstanding..

3 hours ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

Insurance companies who have let customers down during this crisis.Its annoying having to talk to professional payout evaders,that are employed by some companies.I exclude Direct line,who were brilliant when i was robbed in Nice , France, last summer,their service was outstanding..

Whilst Insurance companies should always pay out when robbed and have correspondingly high fees for known criminals, many of the payout evaders are simply adhering to the terms and conditions you signed when you took out travel insurance, as abhorent as they can be. 

I'd abolish tax

5 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The Bishop in Tynwald and The Living Hope nonsense - good luck to them baptising their deluded new intake in The Lido sewers and keeping 2 metres apart.

Peter Murcott - abolish him immediately.

Peter Murcott - a blast from the past! Is he still going?

I remember him from IOM College, was a good lecturer, sadly though was a bit of a fire and brimstone character, and some strange views.  

I would abolish the Cabinet Office, along with Chris Thomas. It’s strange that many of its functions, the island already had, but incorporated into other departments. This department is a monolithic dinosaur, allowed to endlessly expand, led by a Boorasaurus.

Archived