Isle of Man Bank

Sentience

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how many woukd be queuing inside regent street bank but when I went past at around 11 30 am there was at least 35 outside waiting. Disgrace tbh and as for claiming they are short staffed how ?? They have 3 branches temporally closed .IOM Bank used to be such a great efficent friendly bank but currently they are far from an acceptable service. I just had £100 credited to my account from them as it took them 9 weeks to supply me with a contactless card after ordering in March. Lost the forms so it didnt arrive, many apologies and promises that it had now been dispatched ,arrived 10 days later and it was just a normal one. And so it went on . Ordered from Regent Street who of course I couldnt follow up with them . RBS has a lot to answer for !!.     

don't forget it's no longer under local control - all moved to CI so expect IoM Bank to be soon in the same league as Manx Gas ie a customer rip off - however the parent company in UK is even worse - I'm old enough to recall the 10-3 opening hours (my father always described these as 'Gentleman's hours') but the current covid hours are even less and counter service has disappeared - one needs to make an appointment with some recent school leaver to do the simplest operation that in the past would take seconds over the counter.

6 minutes ago, Frances said:

don't forget it's no longer under local control - all moved to CI so expect IoM Bank to be soon in the same league as Manx Gas ie a customer rip off - however the parent company in UK is even worse - I'm old enough to recall the 10-3 opening hours (my father always described these as 'Gentleman's hours') but the current covid hours are even less and counter service has disappeared - one needs to make an appointment with some recent school leaver to do the simplest operation that in the past would take seconds over the counter.

Isle of Man Bank, as part of RBSI and now NatWest Offshore has bounced from IOM to Jersey and back more than once in the last 30 years

6 hours ago, The Phantom said:

On a separate yet related note, did you know that Isle of Man Bank is company number 1 on the Companies Registry over here?

Yes, although you no longer deal with that company since it no longer trades. The entity you are dealing with nowadays is simply a trading name of RBSI.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=47553&headline=Bank explains reason for move&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

23 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes, although you no longer deal with that company since it no longer trades. The entity you are dealing with nowadays is simply a trading name of RBSI.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=47553&headline=Bank explains reason for move&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

So the cheque book, statements, stationery and bank card emblazoned with Isle of Man Bank are not real then ?

I know what you mean though, but the company most definitely still exists.
Shirley.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

So the cheque book, statements, stationery and bank card emblazoned with Isle of Man Bank are not real then ?

I know what you mean though, but the company most definitely still exists.
Shirley.

Yes. As I said, it exists but it no longer trades.  Previously, you were dealing with Isle of Man Bank Ltd, the IOM company number 1 that phantom mentioned earlier. For many years that company had been a wholly owned subsidiary of RBSI (Holdings) Ltd, but it maintained a separate corporate identity and traded as such. As far as the Company Registry was concerned, it was a discrete company. Since May last year, however, this has changed. Although outwardly much appears the same, that little word "Ltd." has disappeared off the end. You are now dealing with the Isle of Man branch of RBSI, "trading as Isle of Man Bank", so the business is no longer even nominally ringfenced from the wider RBSI offshore organisation, and you are no longer banking with "company number 1".

1 minute ago, Utah 01 said:

Well, that's definitely done it then.  And there was i naively thinking I was 'kind of' supporting a local bank.  Account closure imminent.

Owned by Nat West for years.

Two siblings have worked there all their working lives.

12 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

They’d probably make you do a socially distanced queue for the cashpoint too! The queues outside that bank do them no favors at all from a PR perspective. Most other people returned to work weeks ago. Quite why you still have to queue outside a bank that’s still working restricted hours is pathetic. It looks like the queue outside a Soviet era butchers shop on Athol Street most days. 

As their parent is registered in Scotland, I’d guess it’s corporate policy to act under the latest guidance issued by Wee Jimmy Cranky, rather than the IOMG. 

24 minutes ago, Nellie said:

As their parent is registered in Scotland, I’d guess it’s corporate policy to act under the latest guidance issued by Wee Jimmy Cranky, rather than the IOMG. 

Yes. It would have been interesting if the SNP had managed to get independence prior to Fred the Shred and co. bankrupting RBS. The debts would have dwarfed Scotland's economy and there would have been no Alistair Darling with a UK bail out for them. Unless of course RBS had moved to London in the interim.

Archived