Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

My prediction is that they’ll reduce throughput to 350-500 per day over the next 17 weeks due to supply logistics.

see post on other thread with numbers

I would rather pay for folk to stand around waiting for the jabs to arrive than for the vaccines to sit in storage unused and not in people's arms (but obviously not those that are for second doses of course, they're reserved).

We're going to get caught with our pants down (metaphorically of course!) when the rest of the UK will be in the throes of opening up. Once folk get used to being able to walk away from their homes in the morning without the thought of having to return pronto, then any coercion by or from the police will met with disobedience. Once that happens in UK (some might say it already has) then IOMG will be on very dodgy ground for arresting and locking people up. 

I'm sure this is something that the Chief Constable and the AG have already started to address.

But you are right..... transparency is everything right now. And as COMIN have lost the information war they are in danger of losing hearts and minds completely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I suspect you’ve misunderstood the procedure! 

I wondered why I was asked to sit down and not 'assume the position'.  

Seriously, it was smooth, efficient and fuss-free. Top marks to the people down there.  

As for the internal set up, it was pretty basic, apart from a partition and the cubicles, the main cost, I suspect, was the flooring, but you could imagine that what was left after the shop was vacated would have been pretty unusable. So it certainly didn't look over-speced to me.   

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I wondered why I was asked to sit down and not 'assume the position'.  

Seriously, it was smooth, efficient and fuss-free. Top marks to the people down there.  

As for the internal set up, it was pretty basic, apart from a partition and the cubicles, the main cost, I suspect, was the flooring, but you could imagine that what was left after the shop was vacated would have been pretty unusable. So it certainly didn't look over-speced to me.   

All good news - and no need to ‘open wide’. Result! When you have your second shot just be aware of how you’re feeling - I was ok, just a little under the weather, but one neighbour and one friend felt rough as hell for 36 hours.

• Thanks 1

Looking at the numbers coming from the UK it seems the vaccine is really having an impact. Scotland today had 700 positive tests but that was only 2.3% of all tests the lowest it has been for some time, hospital admissions are crashing as well so hopefully there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

All good news - and no need to ‘open wide’. Result! When you have your second shot just be aware of how you’re feeling - I was ok, just a little under the weather, but one neighbour and one friend felt rough as hell for 36 hours.

This isn't communicated as well as it should be.  If people do suffer side-effects it is more likely to be on the second shot rather than the first.  People tend to assume that if the first one goes OK, then the second will be no trouble, but the second is where side-effects seem more likely.  There seems to be more evidence for the Pfizer (and Moderna) vaccines with this, but that may just because the US is better at monitoring such things.

This reaction isn't a bad sign because it shows that the vaccine is working, but in itself it emphasises the need for that second jab because that is what provides the long-term protection.

• Like 1

I've had AZ1 and had no side effects other than a bit of a dead arm feeling

Mrs B has had 2 Pfifezers and reported a "heavy arm" after 1 but as yet nothing additional after 2.

Looks like the side effects vary from person to person, as you would expect.

Edited by piebaps
poor spelling
  • Like 2

Can’t believe how many of you have been jabbed.

That would give a bit of an indication of the average age on here.

I am guessing well north of 50 which might explain the difference between some of the opinions expressed here and what I here in day to day life.