Airport.

Billy kettlefish

13 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

This business with ATC at the airport and delays is horrendous when it comes to planning and booking holidays or flights away. I never remember years ago having to book day before to ensure you can make ongoing flights. I actually booked flights through Emirates from the island through to Bangkok and looking at times etc , Emirates put the package together using Loganair. Then finding out Loganair can’t book luggage through apparently due to Manchester airport not willing to do it so from landing at Manchester , if on time ! , means after getting baggage back and then making my way to check in etc then immigration I reckon it would have been really tight if on time and no way if flights late. So rang Emirates and they changed my outgoing to day before. Charged me £35 but small price to pay for peace of mind but still you shouldn’t have to do it. Yet Chris Thomas said on Facebook the ATC issues were all sorted. Clearly not. Why the hell would you let 3 ATC’s go on holiday over TT , if true. 

Minister Thomas is going to sort out all the islands problems 🤣 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Can anyone explain what’s going down at the airport? According to the NPM the mail plane will be 45 minutes later each morning after TT, due to the airports opening which is 06.45. This is confusing as if the airport is opening later, does that mean the 07.00 flight to Liverpool is going to be much later? 

No it doesn’t if you bothered reading media reports, it only impacts the mail plane as that arrives just after 6 am, airport airspace will now open at 6.45 so all flights will go as usual. It also allows airport to open later to allow more delayed planes to get in/out

18 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Given the above report of reduced ATC numbers at the moment, it's probably an effort to reduce any disruption to scheduled flights.

Yes but if a flight is due to take off at 6:50 and they only open the airways at 6:45 it’s so tight it’s inevitably going to lead to delays with flights leaving. You only need one glitch and you’re screwed.

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes but if a flight is due to take off at 6:50 and they only open the airways at 6:45 it’s so tight it’s inevitably going to lead to delays with flights leaving. You only need one glitch and you’re screwed.

Absolute bollocks the plane will go as normal as airspace is open 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes but if a flight is due to take off at 6:50 and they only open the airways at 6:45 it’s so tight it’s inevitably going to lead to delays with flights leaving

Will it shite. You load the plane then go when the tower opens.
What it will mean is that we’re not burning through an hour of ATC cover before the first scheduled passenger plane leaves. Scheduling the tower around scheduled passenger departures, what a disgrace.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Anyone 'professional' who starts a sentence with 'so' needs to think about their presentation skills.

Or be interviewed for an IOMG top job when success will be a shoo-in if you are nowhere near good enough. 

• Like 1