Airport.

Billy kettlefish

On 5/7/2024 at 4:57 PM, IOM said:

Loganair letting us down again Birmingham and London City flights both cancelled today . Let’s hope they sort themselves out for TT ! 

B'ham lunchtime was cancelled at 5pm the day before.

Please ring this number.

(rings) This number is too busy and not adding any callers to the queue.

(45 mins. later, gets through) Sorry - your ticket was issued by BA, you have to ring them

(rings BA) The Loganair booking says "already flown" (fr flight dated the next day). It's their mistake - you have to ring them.

(rings Loganair at 1803h) "The office hours of Loganair are...."

Luckily found v reasonable ticketing person at Ronaldsway to put me onto morning Heathrow. Plan B was afternoon LCY - then saw that was eventually cancelled too.

Just now, Mikimoto said:

Oh, and the Rendezvous lounge now has a permanent "Due to staffing shortages..."sign on the window, and

is looking a bit tumbleweedy inside.

Yes but at least they announced that security checks will now take longer so you won’t have much time to sit there anyway. Enjoy the outdated departure lounge instead with grumpy overpriced costa coffee and no charging outlets. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mikimoto said:

Oh, and the Rendezvous lounge now has a permanent "Due to staffing shortages..."sign on the window, and

is looking a bit tumbleweedy inside.

this is another thing thats shit at the airport. i certainly wouldn't buy access in advance. it might be closed when you get there

Edited by lfc84
  • Like 1

Boo hoo, the snobby lounge is closed. Oh woe is me.

Boo hoo, airport coffee is dear. Oh woe is me.

Boo hoo, the website doesn't meet my expectations. Oh woe is me.

You can always tell when a jet full of English* have landed. The whining continues after the engines stop.

*Obvs not Amadeus, but at least the bins are emptied weekly😂

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Enjoy the outdated departure lounge instead with grumpy overpriced costa coffee and no charging outlets. 

Am not sure when you have been but every time I go through the airport ( and that’s reasonably frequently) I personally find the Costa staff are always pleasant . 

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Yes but at least they announced that security checks will now take longer so you won’t have much time to sit there anyway. Enjoy the outdated departure lounge instead with grumpy overpriced costa coffee and no charging outlets. 

Presumably this refers to the latest media conference that Cobb gave when he stated that, even though they're not buying new multi-million pound machines, they still have to do an upgrade that will make things slower.  The good news is that passenger numbers are 5% down on last year, so there are fewer people to check.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IOM said:

Am not sure when you have been but every time I go through the airport ( and that’s reasonably frequently) I personally find the Costa staff are always pleasant . 

Agreed.

• Like 1

This is a photo taken while I was waiting. Ground level visibility was always unlimited. The fog was a coming and going some way up.

Maybe the comments about the airport landings systems will be resurrected.

Untitled.png.5e3eb5003d8d76af5d85ccf0879562f5.png

33 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Been foggy all day down here. Its really cool. You cant see the college from hango hill which is what, 100m? 

225 m from Hango Hill to the central tower, but that's still not a visibility you'd want to risk in any aircraft.  If it's drifting in off the sea there's added unpredictability as well - even though it may look clear on the other side of the Airport buildings.  According to the website, Birmingham, Manchester, City and Dublin flights were all cancelled.