Le Tour

TheTeapot

On 7/20/2023 at 2:19 PM, La Colombe said:

Thanks. I'm not actually familiar with that hill though. Don't think I've seen a 20% in the Tour yet, 15% tops I think. 

The Tour normally state the average gradient for a climb, rather than just the steepest bits. The Col de la Loze from Tuesday is 28km at an average of 6% but the steepest bits at the top are 24%.

12 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

The Tour normally state the average gradient for a climb, rather than just the steepest bits. The Col de la Loze from Tuesday is 28km at an average of 6% but the steepest bits at the top are 24%.

The ITV4 coverage runs live gradients a lot for whichever group they're broadcasting at the time. 

Well its over.

It was very good. Organisers picked a cool route, rampas inhumanas, early Pyrenees, puy du dome, alpine chaos, excellent all round. France is very pretty. Loads of little races going on as well as the main one, some stunning performances, one extraordinary one (!!!), inevitable crashes including sadly Cavendish, emotional retirements, total glory for some, it just has absolutely everything you could want from a sporting event. 

Vuelta in a month, Roglic v Remco, Vamos!

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Well its over.

It was very good. Organisers picked a cool route, rampas inhumanas, early Pyrenees, puy du dome, alpine chaos, excellent all round. France is very pretty. Loads of little races going on as well as the main one, some stunning performances, one extraordinary one (!!!), inevitable crashes including sadly Cavendish, emotional retirements, total glory for some, it just has absolutely everything you could want from a sporting event. 

I can feel your happiness from here. It’s lovely. ☺️

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 8:36 PM, TheTeapot said:

Well its over.

Watching it live or the highlights each evening… it’s the three best weeks of the year. (I watched it mostly on Eurosport this year - fantastic coverage.)

Edited by Willy Brennan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Willy Brennan said:

Watching it live or the highlights each evening… it’s the three best weeks of the year. (I watched it mostly on Eurosport this year - fantastic coverage.)

I love it. I much prefer the itv team to Eurosport though. Not so keen on the sad donkey/funeral plan/other heart string nonsense ads mind. 

Not a man for subscribing to things when I can normally source for free but am seriously considering a GCN sub for La Vuelta

• 2 months later...