Le Tour

TheTeapot

Absolute legend whatever happens on Sunday.

Never in a million years a couple of years back did I ever think he would win another stage of anything.  Never mind the tour, and I would have bet the wife’s life on him never getting a green jersey.

Phenomenal that he did it years ago given the limited training opportunities over here as a kid but to then bounce back from where he was with injury, physical health and mental health to do it again and become a record breaker is awe inspiring.

He deserves the full recognition the island and the cycling world and hopefully the queen and the BBC when it comes to sports personality.

Unfortunately based on the few meetings we had we will never be mates and he will think I am a proper tool.  Hands up I thought he was as well, but am happy to applaud him for his amazing achievements.

Good work Cav.  Am inspiration to many and a man the island can be proud of.

I owe Cavendish an apology...

I watched the Tour live yesterday in anticipation of him breaking the record.  This is the second time I have watched Cavendish on this stage and its the second time he has missed out on the win..

Great effort from him though.  I hope he gets a ride at next years Tour if he wants one and gets a shot at that record again.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 12:15 PM, manxman1980 said:

I hope he gets a ride at next years Tour if he wants one and gets a shot at that record again.

You jinxed it.  Massive shame he didn't get a ride.  But Cavendish will be riding in the Grand Fondo event on Sunday on the Isle.  Great opportunity for local (and tourist) cyclists; there aren't a whole lot of sports where your heroes can be your peers and you can also enter events with them. 

Cue moaning about Lycra Lout events stopping people getting to the shops to buy Beer and Cake for a couple of hours. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Cue moaning about Lycra Lout events stopping people getting to the shops to buy Beer and Cake for a couple of hours. 

And being prevented from going about their  normal lawful business.

Just to indulge these people who actually think people support this lunacy. 

Just rent a piece of spare land and indulge your hobby on there instead of inconveniencing the vast majority of the population.