IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

6 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Why would a deputy head need a Linkedin, any job in the education on the island would all ready know her by reputation

Actually, if you take that to its logical conclusion, no professional working in any field on the island needs a LinkedIn - since everybody knows everybody else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Actually, if you take that to its logical conclusion, no professional working in any field on the island needs a LinkedIn - since everybody knows everybody else.

Or in Foxdale - everybody is related to everybody else....

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

“…about to dismiss you for misconduct…”?

A volunteer on a public scrutiny committee?   New low from Hooper, didn’t think it was possible.

The French have this charming expression to describe someone like him – “quel connard!”. I do think it sounds a bit more elegant than the run-of-the-mill “such a dick!”, but the gist is the same – a dick! It seems that most members of the HSCC share this opinion too, which is why they have been resigning in droves:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/six-vacancies-on-health-services-consultative-committee/

ETA: "droves" in terms of percentage i.e. 6/9 is almost 70%, not the actual figures, obviously. 

Edited by code99
clarification

Just now, Fred the shred said:

She is by reputation a very forceful lady with strong views and I don’t think she would fit comfortably on any committee with anyone else who also held strong views that didn’t concur with hers, allegedly.

Ok Lawrie - what about the other five who resigned?   Any “alleged” issues regarding them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, code99 said:

The French have this charming expression to describe someone like him – “quel connard!”. I do think it sounds a bit more elegant than the run-of-the-mill “such a dick!”, but the gist is the same – a dick! It seems that most members of the HSCC share this opinion too, which is why they have been resigning in droves:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/six-vacancies-on-health-services-consultative-committee/

'Petit cochon', also probably relates to 'small man syndrome'.

Such a shame, as he is basically responsible for our LIVES!

That's how serious the position he holds is, but....who is it that has the responsibility for giving him that position.

Oh yeah...figures.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sentience said:

'Petit cochon', also probably relates to 'small man syndrome'.

Such a shame, as he is basically responsible for our LIVES!

That's how serious the position he holds is, but....who is it that has the responsibility for giving him that position.

Oh yeah...figures.

Perhaps the good folk of Ramsey were somewhat misled when he door-stepped them, asking for their votes? I remember one MF's poster who mentioned how Hooper was telling them before the GE that it was not too late to stop the Liverpool Dock project....guess what, Hooper joined the IOM Politburo and happily agreed to the project to continue !

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

She is by reputation a very forceful lady with strong views and I don’t think she would fit comfortably on any committee with anyone else who also held strong views that didn’t concur with hers, allegedly.

You pretend to know about her in order to rubbish her, but you thought she was Head at Balla, where she was a deputy, didn't realize she was Head of RGS, don't understand why professionals are on Linkedin, and think there's something dodgy about a 'lady' having strong opinions. Have a word with yourself, and if you're stuck for one I can make some suggestions.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

You pretend to know about her in order to rubbish her, but you thought she was Head at Balla, where she was a deputy, didn't realize she was Head of RGS, don't understand why professionals are on Linkedin, and think there's something dodgy about a 'lady' having strong opinions. Have a word with yourself, and if you're stuck for one I can make some suggestions.

Genuine question, Harry:

Who is the lady who was Deputy Head at Balla, and Head at RGS?

Thanks.