Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

They have been accused of bullying on facebook one lady said she had received a phone call from them yesterday asking her to increase her Direct Debit and saying she would be cut off if she went into arrears by a very snotty lady.   This lady put her full name to this allegation so it was not a case of my cousin was told by a workmate that her sister……kind of thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

To be fair though I do feel sorry for (most of) their workers. The 10% pay cut was for a whole year. They’ve more than screwed them over using lockdown as an excuse. Did people stop using gas because they were in lockdown? It just seems yet another lie this truly terrible company is prepared to spin to make more money. 

Yes but the shareholders were locked down for all that time too. Do you have any idea how much home improvement stuff went up in price during that period? 😂

• Like 1

Is it true that Manx Gas has increased the standing charge ?   I only caught part of the conversation between Barry…who I assume is the Barry associated with the gas protest…..again could be wrong…saying that the standing charges have been increased when he was on Mannin Line today.  I hope I have got this wrong…did anyone else hear the full conversation?

12 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Is it true that Manx Gas has increased the standing charge ?   I only caught part of the conversation between Barry…who I assume is the Barry associated with the gas protest…..again could be wrong…saying that the standing charges have been increased when he was on Mannin Line today.  I hope I have got this wrong…did anyone else hear the full conversation?

Would you really expect anything else?

17 minutes ago, finlo said:

If I was a betting man I would suspect the next bill issued will be all at the new rate.

Well if I heard correctly it is less than 1 pence a day increase on the standing charge.

But anyway surely they have the software to charge the rates pre and post 20th October?

Standing charges will go up periodically. What’s the beef?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well if I heard correctly it is less than 1 pence a day increase on the standing charge.

But anyway surely they have the software to charge the rates pre and post 20th October?

Standing charges will go up periodically. What’s the beef?

How would they know how much you'd used pre and post increase?

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s a standing charge. They don’t need to know that . They just need a calendar 

I'm not talking about the standing charge more the fact they haven't carried out a meter reading before imposing a huge increase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, finlo said:

I'm not talking about the standing charge more the fact they haven't carried out a meter reading before imposing a huge increase.

Well others are but never mind.

Anyway why not challenge them to pro rata your bill pre and post rate increase and see what they say.

I guess it’s down to the details in the contract you signed when you asked them to provide you with gas. 

Maybe they are entitled to do it, maybe not.

But if you are having problems paying your gas bill they do invite you to contact them to come to some sort of arrangement.

Or you could try say the Manx Credit Union for assistance 

I wish you all the best and hope you get it sorted.

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well others are but never mind.

Anyway why not challenge them to pro rata your bill pre and post rate increase and see what they say.

I guess it’s down to the details in the contract you signed when you asked them to provide you with gas. 

Maybe they are entitled to do it, maybe not.

But if you are having problems paying your gas bill they do invite you to contact them to come to some sort of arrangement.

Or you could try say the Manx Credit Union for assistance 

I wish you all the best and hope you get it sorted.

Never fear I had the good sense to bin off gas the best part of twenty years ago as I simply couldn't afford the bill's back then.

6 hours ago, Manx17 said:

John Wannenbrugh  And Claire Christian 

Just Wannenburgh and the Bishop. Christian spoke strongly about MG past conduct but voted for in the end.

Still, MG have generously suggested that they'll contact the Salvation Army about providing support.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Manx17 said:

Barry on face book, the guy that’s has done a lot over Manx gas said he made a mistake and they haven’t increased the standing charge, but someone else said it has in vat and that has nothing to do with Manx gas. So it will be going up. Also a jo cox from manx gas stated you can read your own meter and send it in or your bill will be estimated.  I do not know how MHKs could vote for this without all the meters being read first. 

You want them to read every meter on a single day?  People just read their own and sent it in if they were arsed about it.  Hardly rocket science 

7 hours ago, Manx17 said:

Two MHKs did see through them though. 

No they didn’t.  They knew it was going to go through as everyone else would vote for it (no option) so they wasted their votes by trying to look cool and doing what the members of the public who don’t understand how business works wanted to see them do.

If they had all tried to be cool and popular we would be screwed and I lost all respect for the two who voted against.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3