Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I heard that Jo Cox on the radio. She sounds like a right nasty piece of work to be honest. The two options she covered if you can’t cough up for your gas is a repayment plan or a trip down to the Sally Army with your best begging bowl on display. Really helpful advice. I’m surprised she didn’t also suggest prostitution or online fraud as other ways in which you could raise the money to pay them with. The arrogance of the woman is astounding. She honestly sounds like she couldn’t give a toss as long as you cough up. These are the sort of con merchants government are dealing with. They really should have just let them go bust then Jo Cox might not be so supercilious and smug.

Makes you wonder what sort of bonus or incentive scheme (if any), she's on herself and how much?

A commercial operation bluntly directing people towards a charity is frankly appalling, I wonder if MG had the good grace to consult the Salvation Army prior to dragging its name into MG's cesspit operation?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

But if you want to look where security in supply came from, you have to look to the electricity interconnector cable which started up in 2000, three years before the new power station.  Which someone told me recently hasn't actually been supplying any energy for some months.

If that is indeed the case then a positive to be taken is that theoretically the price of electricity shouldn't be affected by the rise in the price of gas? Because if the electricity isn't being generated by the gas-fired power station...?

Having said that, it is the MUA and its legion debt we are talking about here...

22 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

We also now have a £400M debt being paid off by exorbitant electricity charges, standing charges and supplementary toilet tax. If not gas prices as well. More coincidences?

By Jove, you seem to have got it.

The Government needs to raise income to fund expenditure.

No one enjoys paying taxes or bills

But until we discover the magical money tree, we will have to continue to do so.

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

By Jove, you seem to have got it.

The Government needs to raise income to fund expenditure.

No one enjoys paying taxes or bills

But until we discover the magical money tree, we will have to continue to do so.

Ah, your usual eager attempts to gloss over, deflect and disconnect the hows and whys of precisely how the situation even came to be.

There is still remarkable enthusiasm for this in some quarters, to include dressing up and renaming the now necessary taxes in the belief that it will somehow be forgotten and overlooked how the state of affairs came to pass and your ilk would just love that.

Given your eternal defence of the position and those responsible, it actually raises the question as to whether you could actually be involved in the matter in some way.

Mr Proffit certainly found the magical money tree, didn't he? Perhaps you were one of those asleep on watch?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Ah, your usual eager attempts to gloss over, deflect and disconnect the hows and whys of precisely how the situation even came to be.

There is still remarkable enthusiasm for this in some quarters, to include dressing up and renaming the now necessary taxes in the belief that it will somehow be forgotten and overlooked how the state of affairs came to pass and your ilk would just love that.

Given your eternal defence of the position and those responsible, it actually raises the question as to whether you could actually be involved in the matter in some way.

Mr Proffit certainly found the magical money tree, didn't he? Perhaps you were one of those asleep on watch?

I can assure you that I had no involvement in the matter in any way whatsoever. l am just a member of the public. Although why I should have to explain that to you merely because we hold differing views I’m not sure.

I am however  a realist. The project cost what it cost. Do you know how it could have been done cheaper?   “The how’s and why’s of precisely  how the situation even came to be”?

I don’t but perhaps if you do you could let us know. Otherwise you are just making cheap accusations without any evidence.

I wish my weekly shopping bill was cheaper, I wish I could have bought my car for a lesser price.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Manx17 said:

Hi Barry, no need to apologise. You should be applauded, you’ve  given so much of your time to try and help people over Manx Gas. Thank you. 

Well  Barry was right to apologize and should be applauded for that.

If you give out misleading information, however unintentional, which may cause people to come to come to an incorrect conclusion then it is good form to say sorry and put the record straight.

Well done Barry

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/30/2021 at 11:28 PM, Bazza Smurf said:

Hi

I am the Barry. There has always sadly been VAT added but from my memory, on the previous tariff sheet, SC was shown exclusive of VAT, now it's inclusive. It was an error on my part. I wholeheartedly apologise for any inconvenience. 

Ah thanks Barry. Since the rates have changed after your campaign my gas bill has increased by about £250 over the last year when compared to what I would have been charged on the old rate. Not great timing with a young family to keep warm and washed 

7 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I can assure you that I had no involvement in the matter in any way whatsoever. l am just a member of the public. Although why I should have to explain that to you merely because we hold differing views I’m not sure.

I am however  a realist. The project cost what it cost. Do you know how it could have been done cheaper?   “The how’s and why’s of precisely  how the situation even came to be”?

I don’t but perhaps if you do you could let us know. Otherwise you are just making cheap accusations without any evidence.

I wish my weekly shopping bill was cheaper, I wish I could have bought my car for a lesser price.

Some reading material for you from these very boards. Plenty of links in there too.

Screenshot_20211101-043845_Chrome.jpg

17 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

On Mannin Line tomorrow ,Tuesday, Jo Cox from Manx Gas and Chris Thomas will be on live, so if anyone has any questions now is your chance 😀.

Well, let's see if she is a bit more helpful for those facing difficulties from the price rise.  It would be good to hear what MG's policy will be re cutting people off who are facing real hardship. 

Other than that and what has already been said, I am not sure she can say much more.  It is, after all, a commercial operational and perhaps that is where the problem lies, these sort of services should not be in private hands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

.....these sort of services should not be in private hands.

Certainly not on a monopoly basis anyway. And also certainly not under "regulation" by the IoM OFT.

Another, stronger regulator is needed if we're going to do it that way. But the problem also stems from the MUA being the supplier.

• Like 1