The lad with a short memory (or why David Ashford is a knob)

Manx Bean

12 hours ago, WTF said:

david quirk had nothing to say about onchan and its government sponsored problems until he lost his seat in tynwald and then magically he knew what was needed and  what t o do every other day on the mannin line.

That could be applied to most members of COMIN in reality, whilst David Quirk never made it as far as Minister. Most HOKs members forget their constituents and constituency whose they have been invited to sit at the big boys table. 

30 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Screenshot-2022-10-17-at-09-58-44.png

Screenshot-2022-10-17-at-09-59-00.png

giphy.gif

Didn't take Ashy very long to issue a "word for word transcript"!

(I guess we can expect his Point by Point rebuttal any day soon.)

All this seems to me to be rather unsavoury to have a Gvt Minister and an ex Gvt Minister having a spat on a Public Forum. I feel this sort of thing should be done in private. (But they are both narcissists, so I suppose it's inevitable.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, KERED said:

All this seems to me to be rather unsavoury to have a Gvt Minister and an ex Gvt Minister having a spat on a Public Forum. I feel this sort of thing should be done in private. (But they are both narcissists, so I suppose it's inevitable.)

Well given that Ashford went on the radio to have his say, you can't really blame Callister for replying.  But reading what Ashford says he said, it's not really any more substantial than the headline.  The only concrete thing he says needs changing is the development of an Autism Strategy separate from the usual CAMHS as it is in the UK.  Now that is being developed now, but it only seems to have started after Ashford finished his nearly four years in office.

We all know there was a lot about DHSC/Manx Care that needed changing, but maybe he should have spent more time being 'brutally honest' behind the scenes when he had a chance to change things rather than delivering his usual rhetoric to the public.  He was quite happy to appoint Murray and Magson and be directed by them.  Both of whom were certainly brutal, but honesty sems to have been a different matter.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I would think more like the Sheldon and Leonard spat over publishing a paper. (Big bang theory)

For the people that know it hilarious. 

Your giving them the benefit of intelligence, whereas the shelf stacker and glass collector are really only good at facebook rants.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I would think more like the Sheldon and Leonard spat over publishing a paper. (Big bang theory)

I was thinking the Kyle show format would be better. The enraged wives and girlfriends was be launching themselves at the stage. The bouncers would be trying to hold them back. There would be an audience would be carefully selected football supporters - and I would be at the entrance selling rotten tomatoes and eggs. That's serious politics entertainment.

19 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

What does " I consider myself to be considerably complexed as a person... " actually mean?

Is it good thing?  (Doesn't sound particularly good... )

it means that she hasn't got a very good grasp of the English language, I guess.