Speculation is not necessary

ADELE

9 hours ago, Roxanne said:

What if 30 000 people read it and think, ‘who the bloody hell do you think you are?’

There are ways to care for your community and there are ways to encourage them to better behaviour or health.

Taking the ‘nanny or bullying’ (we know better than you) approach isn’t one of them and I would argue has the opposite effect  

What if they don’t? 

• Like 2

As an experienced pilot (on a VR simulator) I can tell you, its not that easy to fly planes! No bother taking off, but if you miss the runway and try to turn around in a 747 - the plane just falls to bits. 

Its funny, as soon as I see "do not speculate" I think, "ooooh I wonder what happened?" prior to being told not to speculate, I wouldn't be bothered but that whole, worthy of speculation trip, Mrs Marple has nothing on me.

38 minutes ago, 2bees said:

As an experienced pilot (on a VR simulator) I can tell you, its not that easy to fly planes! No bother taking off, but if you miss the runway and try to turn around in a 747 - the plane just falls to bits. 

Its funny, as soon as I see "do not speculate" I think, "ooooh I wonder what happened?" prior to being told not to speculate, I wouldn't be bothered but that whole, worthy of speculation trip, Mrs Marple has nothing on me.

Pretty sure if you tried taking off from Ronaldsway in a 747, you'd make quite a mess.

....edit to add...I suppose you'd have to land it first though. Equally spectacular 😁

Edited by cheesypeas

5 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Pretty sure if you tried taking off from Ronaldsway in a 747, you'd make quite a mess.

I'm sure I remember someone telling me that following the runway extension, it would be possible for a 747 to take-off in theory.  It would have to be fully stripped out and have no passengers or it wouldn't be able to carry enough fuel to get to the UK though. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1