Police cop a packet

Manx Bean

I just looked for an accepted legal definition of "obstructive driving" but 10 seconds on Google failed to turn up anything substantive. I hope they're not just making up offences again, like "walking on the cracks in the pavement", or "looking at me in a funny way".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

I just looked for an accepted legal definition of "obstructive driving" but 10 seconds on Google failed to turn up anything substantive. I hope they're not just making up offences again, like "walking on the cracks in the pavement", or "looking at me in a funny way".

Did you look in the "Great Big Book of Snowflake Excuses" volume 1?

38 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You do feel for them and all the important crimes they have to investigate like who told Farmer Palmer to fuck off 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/police-investigate-verbal-abuse-to-tractor-driver/

Back in the day, said farmer would have hoiked said driver out and educated them into the ways of the farming world

4 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Back in the day, said farmer would have hoiked said driver out and educated them into the ways of the farming world

It’s just the most bizarre thing. They’ve been appealing for info on a black Vauxhall Mokka all week. You’d think someone had been the victim of a drive by shooting. Now it’s revealed she probably told a farmer driving at 15 mph on a narrow road to fuck off. At least she didn’t drop 25p of weed out of the window. 

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s just the most bizarre thing. They’ve been appealing for info on a black Vauxhall Mokka all week. You’d think someone had been the victim of a drive by shooting. Now it’s revealed she probably told a farmer driving at 15 mph on a narrow road to fuck off. At least she didn’t drop 25p of weed out of the window. 

Had she done that, the entire keystone force would be out looking for her

• Like 1

"white female described in her late 30’s, early 40’s, short brown hair driving a Black Vauxhall Mokka "

I would have thought that a search of a couple of databases would narrow down the suspects. No point in asking people to turn themselves in. No woman is going to admit to being "late 30's early 40's". Early 20's, they might get a response.

Edited to add: The tractor driver was concentrating on the important aspects - hairstyle rather than car number plate. He probably got her bra size but the police declined to publish it.

Edited by Two-lane
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2023 at 3:59 PM, Passing Time said:

They are not dealing with horrific situations 24/7 nor are they in danger like their UK counterparts.

The starting salary for police constables in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is £21,402, rising to £41,130 at the top of the scale - GIYF

That is just plain wrong.

I've dealt with things I cannot unsee - and I was an Inspector for 12 of my 18 years serving there. 

The dangers are there - much more remote working. 1 in 28 households having  access to firearms versus 1 in 76. Violence in the night time economy is just as prevalent.

I've done both UK and IOM. The risk is similar, the responsibility is in fact much more at each rank.

• Like 4

I can remember the rank and file officers kicking off when Mike Culverhouse reduced patrol vehicle manning from two officers to one.

His public response was, "We're policing Braddan, not Baghdad" (so it must have been 20 years ago)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I can remember the rank and file officers kicking off when Mike Culverhouse reduced patrol vehicle manning from two officers to one.

His public response was, "We're policing Braddan, not Baghdad" (so it must have been 20 years ago)

And he was right. But a violent incident is a.violent incident. A road death is a road death.etc. fewer to deal means the tempo of exposure is no lower.

• Like 1