Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

17 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Thank you for this. I always thought it was  gunnels.  Everyday is a school day.

Same thing.  Gunnels is just a shortening of Gunwhales.  Like Forecastle becomes Fo'c'sle.

They don't like using long words on boats for some reason. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WTF said:

you don't seem to want to take into account that tesco IOM prices even if they are 5% more than the uk or not are still better value than shoprites  30% on sainsburys stuff 

I think you miss the point I do recognise this although it’s difficult to know by how much . It’s the Lake Road shoppers and online shoppers who are now paying a lot more than they were previously it’s those that I am referring to . 

I hate the IoM when ‘new’ things open. It’s fckn embarrassing. Every cunt wanting to go to the new shop. Over 1000 likes on FB. Give over yourself. The shop is open tomorrow you know. 
like all those twats jamming up Peel road when kFC opened , on the hottest day of the year, every single one of them is a twat. 
not seen a car in the place since. Wankers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Same thing.  Gunnels is just a shortening of Gunwhales.  Like Forecastle becomes Fo'c'sle.

They don't like using long words on boats for some reason. 

What does the Bosun reckon 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

you don't seem to want to take into account that tesco IOM prices even if they are 5% more than the uk or not are still better value than shoprites  30% on sainsburys stuff 

This is my point, compare with what was there not with what is elsewhere. 

If the mix in Castletown is not popular and reflected in a lower turnover than projected, you can bet they will change it. 

Just now, Jarndyce said:

That's going too far!   I like a bit o' Battenberg!   (Casually polishes horns and tail...)

The thing is I  don’t think I have ever eaten it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

If the mix in Castletown is not popular and reflected in a lower turnover than projected, you can bet they will change it. 

Or the store does not perform they may close it ! 

2 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I must confess: I am unsure what this picture means...

Me neither😂just copied a basic picture of Battenburg cake but the image doubled up . So pleased just try a slice and disregard the rest.👍

• Haha 1