Ramsey Commisioners land grab

HelmutX

15 hours ago, Interested Reader said:

Another great performance from the Ramsey Commissioner they all voted no confidence in. 

I didn’t lose my temper. I said I REALLY DIDN’T LOSE MY TEMPER. HONEST! 

What are Ramsey rates now? About £1500 a year for a 3 or 4 bed house? 

So it looks like one of the Commissioners has done the Commissioners out of about £300K a year by having planning turned down on 200 houses. 

IMG_4476.jpeg

Her time and enthusiasm might be better directed at finding out why Ramsey Town Hall costs £1M a year to run.

Or why there's been an increase in there in people earning £75k+ pa from 2 to 5 in the past couple of years.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Interested Reader said:

So it looks like one of the Commissioners has done the Commissioners out of about £300K a year by having planning turned down on 200 houses. 

You are referring to the rates, which will be spent on providing services to those houses and occupants - it is not spare cash.

Well, I suppose part of it will be used to pay for a Deputy Town Clerk.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Her time and enthusiasm might be better directed at finding out why Ramsey Town Hall costs £1M a year to run.

Or why there's been an increase in there in people earning £75k+ pa from 2 to 5 in the past couple of years.

Well I think Commissioners are allowed to do more than one thing in their four years and the fact she seems to have been the one of the eleven who has been most prominent (on either side) of what is clearly an important matter for the Town at least shows she is active about something.  Especially as most of them have been Commissioners for longer and so have greater responsibility for the current situation.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, a great many of the highly respected (along with their predecessors) who had gained Ramsey a reputation for sound fiscal management stood down at the 2015 election.

Much of what replaced them saw the beginning of the slide... 😔

17 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

They’re a bit special up there - is that Cowell bloke who approved the Sprint / Festival to attract visitors and then cried his beads out to anyone he could because his chippy didn’t make enough money still involved- he’s an absolute beauty him….

Well he runs a good chippy. Good food, great staff. I’ve no problem with him. Although sometimes the chips could be a bit warmer/ hotter but it’s not the end of the world.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Cheers.

Vote Joe!

Unfortunately Joe doesn’t seem

to have much of a clue what he is talking about, and appears to be under the wing of Lamara Craine.

He suggested a group was formed for local businesses. And then someone pointed out that what he was proposing already exists and is very active in the form of the Ramsey CoC.

I haven’t seen anything he has posted that would make me think he was the best candidate, but that’s just my opinion.

The smart money would be on Sandra Cottam Shae, assuming people vote for a person based on their suitability to the role rather than if they went to school with them or knew their mum.

Unfortunately some people Are stupid enough to base their vote on a Manx surname, and of course most won’t bother to vote at all but still moan about how things are done

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/developer-deciding-on-next-steps-following-planning-block/

So, the "developers" have been turned down .... why are they going to pursue this again? They lost, the title fight is over, no rematch... go away developers, lick your wounds RTC..... so much wasted time, effort and money. Planning officer, who allegedly approved this in principle, needs to be fired without a pension.

• Like 1