Passports

4 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

People in England are kicking off as the price of renewing a passport has risen to £88 .50. on the Island it has risen to £100 the reason that has been given for our increase was to keep it in line with across.     Am I missing something here ?

No. Just being ripped off as usual. Blind leading the blind etc.

Blind Leading the Blind

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

People in England are kicking off as the price of renewing a passport has risen to £88 .50. on the Island it has risen to £100 the reason that has been given for our increase was to keep it in line with across.     Am I missing something here ?

Yes, you are.

The £88.50 price is only if you apply online. Using a paper application is £100. IoM doesn't have an online application option, so you pay the same paper application cost

8 minutes ago, kevster said:

The £88.50 price is only if you apply online. Using a paper application is £100. IoM doesn't have an online application option, so you pay the same paper application cost

Digital Isle, AI Centre of Excellence, etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Took my paperwork and photos in this week(£93)

No waiting,Paperwork checked.very helpful young lady with a very nice smile. Out of office in 5 minutes.Well worth the extra fiver spread over 10 years 50 p  a year .no complaints.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I went in a few months ago with forms for the wife or kid.  Something was missed off (I can't remember what exactly) but with a nod and a wink they suggested I go outside tick a box or something, come back in and hand it in again.  That is the kind of service I appreciate and is worth doing face to face rather than online, which would have evidently been sent back and have to be re-submitted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emesde said:

Took my paperwork and photos in this week(£93)

No waiting,Paperwork checked.very helpful young lady with a very nice smile. Out of office in 5 minutes.Well worth the extra fiver spread over 10 years 50 p  a year .no complaints.

Was it Henrietta Ewart?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kevster said:

Can you imagine what a crock of shit it would be if IoM govt did produce an online application?

it would be like filling in the census form  ! useless information  that is never  collated  and  becomes very outdated  quickly