Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

There are too many sh1t hospitality businesses on the rock, for the population.

End of argument

Be nice if the government bloat was addressed though. Might be a cheaper place to live for everyone 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Hahahahah

I was in a meeting with DFE last week asking them to employ some common sense on some regulations to help my own business.

They were clueless, couldn’t grasp th basics of what was being proposed and are seriously hindering our growth.

I am off out to support a decent hospitality business with two courses including a steak for £24.  Then hopefully a few pubs as well.

Going to school is not classed as a business Dave...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

You just don't have a clue (as per usual)

7 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Don't forget a certain Foxdale construction company...:whistling:

Foxdale based construction company?

Go on then, name one and don’t forget you just accused me of not having a clue 😂

• Haha 1

Hahahahah

I was in a meeting with DFE last week asking them to employ some common sense on some regulations to help my own business.

They were clueless, couldn’t grasp th basics of what was being proposed and are seriously hindering our growth.

I am off out to support a decent hospitality business with two courses including a steak for £24.  Then hopefully a few pubs as well.

That steak will be really well done by now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

''....There are too many sh1t hospitality businesses on the rock...''.

....but if you apply the concept of 'the best will survive', the 'shit' businesses would have gone?

If they are surviving, they obviously have a following to keep them going and the majority of Manx business is still going!

No other local industry receives any more direct or indirect, unnecessary, government support than any other.

By including ''unnecessary' in your argument you are allowing that hospitality could, indeed, be a 'necessary' recipient of a Govt subsidy if it was so decided?

Anyway, I haven’t got the energy to argue with you and have a night out waiting.

With Crazy Dave's wife no doubt? Poor cuckold Dave!!!😀

• Haha 2

Here's my main gripe about the guys in charge crying a river to try an make ends meet. They keep raising prices, endlessly (kinda reasonably as well, when you see how EVERYTHING has gone up in price, be it rates, energy, ingredients and all that)... yet... YET... the very last thing they put up, is the staff wages, as if *their* bills haven't gone up. Go figure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Hahahahah

download.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

46 minutes ago, majkul said:

Here's my main gripe about the guys in charge crying a river to try an make ends meet. They keep raising prices, endlessly (kinda reasonably as well, when you see how EVERYTHING has gone up in price, be it rates, energy, ingredients and all that)... yet... YET... the very last thing they put up, is the staff wages, as if *their* bills haven't gone up. Go figure.

'Twas ever thus though and it's part of the reason that the "poor get poorer" to quote the adage.

Look at the amount of time it takes to complete deliberations, consultations and implementation of anything to do with the minimum wage, it's going to be July of this year before those latest "interim recommendations" are even brought before Tynwald.

Minimum Wage recipients have had to make do and get by "for years" in the current inflationary situation which has been with us since Ukraine 2022.

• Like 1