Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

Well, its not all bad.

Ramsey Park Hotel did a great job of looking after my 80 guests this weekend. I had a restaurant meal there last night as well and it was good value and nicely cooked.

The Shore at Laxey - a touch pricey but it was busy,and the food was very good.

Fynoderee partnered with Filbeys on Saturday night for us and we had another good night 

Cafes we ate and drank in were all good. I sent 80 people home really happy with the experience they had. There's a lot of hope. New restaurant opening in Ramsey |tomorrow too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Barbary then

I am sure most people were able to work out what was meant, especially as it was  in response to a specific question 🙄

I sure they did. I just thought it was funny. 

I don’t know if anyone heard CM Cannans speech in Tynpotwald today, whilst he may have some valid points, his whole tone and attitude says a lot - smug and arrogant is how he comes across, oblivious to reality. He bangs on about construction, as though it’s the only thing going. If he showed true concern and empathy, then maybe he and Starship Enterprise, and Treasury could come up with a sensible proposal, even if it’s a very small offering, which sends out the message to hospitality that they do care. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I don’t know if anyone heard CM Cannans speech in Tynpotwald today, whilst he may have some valid points, his whole tone and attitude says a lot - smug and arrogant is how he comes across, oblivious to reality. He bangs on about construction, as though it’s the only thing going. If he showed true concern and empathy, then maybe he and Starship Enterprise, and Treasury could come up with a sensible proposal, even if it’s a very small offering, which sends out the message to hospitality that they do care. 

I can see the band of 3...Edge and Co growing to 6 or 9 by next year...sweating on their political careers in 2026...and eventually Cannan out.

This collective fuckwittery of a parliament is deeply damaging the island and needs to go.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Especially when they're, at the same time, ploughing £1.5 million into their own hospitality venue due to losses.

One rule for one.........

4 hours ago, Kopek said:

The high mark up on wine is often to keep the food price a little down, either because customers look first at the food prices or to compete with others.

So then they see the price of the wine and order something else. Therefore, lose, lose for the establishment. 

2 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Barbary then

I am sure most people were able to work out what was meant, especially as it was  in response to a specific question 🙄

Except the specific question spelt Barbary correctly :whatever:

19 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Especially when they're, at the same time, ploughing £1.5 million into their own hospitality venue due to losses.

One rule for one.........

They would close it if they could but there would be uproar from the public.

Are you seriously comparing the Villa Gaitey complex to a badly run cafe or pub?

1 minute ago, Anthony Ingham said:

They would close it if they could but there would be uproar from the public.

Are you seriously comparing the Villa Gaitey complex to a badly run cafe or pub?

Explain the difference?

• Haha 1

Alf says no to hospitality support but refuses to draw comparisons with the "millions" available for the construction industry...

Screenshot_20240521-203434_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Explain the difference?

Really?

Ok.  One is historic, unique premises on th island that provides a much needed home for the arts and large events that bring pleasure to thousands.  By nature, it has very high running costs and will never turn a profit due to our small population but is a great asset to the island for many, many reasons.

The other is one of hundreds of hospitality businesses, probably in a generic building which most people have never been to and which nobody would care if it closed because there are loads of better ones within a few miles anyway.

One deserves government support as it’s unique and a needed asset.  The other doesn’t because we have hundreds of them and it’s badly run and won’t be missed.

There might be typos.  Get over it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1