Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

My own unimportant opinion for what it’s worth on the ladies coverage itv4 and radio tt is Jodie and Christy (who both seem very nice individuals) seem more than a little wooden and are not up to speed about the races but can only improve as it’s there first go, ( if they get a second go?) Jo Pack who has bags of confidence laced with enthusiasm who seems a bit of a marmite type of person on here is actually doing a very good job I think irrespective of whether you like her or not The music is the same old same old stuff they dredge out of the cellar that’ll be Brindles picks following the decades old  formula and why it’s not shifted to fm when listening figures must sky rocket for a couple of weeks is a mystery. Kinleys got better over the years doing the  morning chat show with some interesting guests and his double act in pits with Palmer is also good and informative. Just keep Milky n Johnny away with there infantile banter, Chris Williams does a good turn over the fortnight as does Chris Boyd who seems the most professional always cool and calm he’d make a good anchorman.  feel free everyone to disagree.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

She has competed in car racing according to Wiki, so probably has a bit of context to present meaningfully. Shall watch tonight's coverage.  I'll tell you how I felt. 

she owns a pub, what more could any bloke want.......

:lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gladys said:

She has competed in car racing according to Wiki, so probably has a bit of context to present meaningfully. Shall watch tonight's coverage.  I'll tell you how I felt. 

I felt fine, if not a little in awe of the passengers on the side car races.  

On 6/2/2018 at 10:12 PM, La Colombe said:

I listened today as well and thought from a technical point of view it was very poor. They don't seem able to harmonise the volume levels between the various commentary points. 

:D Hardly surprising when they can't even harmonise the volume levels between the music, the ads and the mic in the studio. Announcer almost inaudible, music in the middle level, adverts bust yer feckin' ear drums. Hit the off button.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

:D Hardly surprising when they can't even harmonise the volume levels between the music, the ads and the mic in the studio. Announcer almost inaudible, music in the middle level, adverts bust yer feckin' ear drums. Hit the off button.

Well I enjoyed it for what it was. A commentary on the racing. Not an entry for broadcast of the year. FFS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Well I enjoyed it for what it was. A commentary on the racing. Not an entry for broadcast of the year. FFS

That was just a general comment on the day to day. I think they do a good job on the racing considering the size of the operation and the limited budget for presenters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, woolley said:

That was just a general comment on the day to day. I think they do a good job on the racing considering the size of the operation and the limited budget for presenters.

I think they are very good.

as I said before , I was accustomed to Peter Kneale, Geoff Cannell Tommy Rob et al for years. They were the TT for me.

These new lads are getting there IMO and should be given due credit.

1 hour ago, Maxmann said:

Anything which keeps Jo Pack off the air is fine by me

I listen to Energy FM.in the morning and anyhow I sent a message of gratitude via faceache to whom I thought was the presenter Jo Pack...the message was that I thought she did an ace job on a Saturday morning on Energy FM...the recipient of my message Jo Pack, she responded with a thank you....the correct presenter is Emma Thompson.....seems Jo Pack will happily take the plaudits of another person. Personally, she's not my cup of tea.

Btw for what it's worth I think Jodie Kidd is ribbish at presenting and fuck knows how she made it as a model. 

Edited by yootalkin2me