Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

I quite like that scottish guy weatherforecaster. I could already do one as a result of reading the broons christmas albums as a kid but my daughter now also has a passable scottish accent solely as a result of listening to this guy in the mornings. It's a bit harsh to judge the guy during a heatwave, it's in the winter when he really shines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I quite like that scottish guy weatherforecaster. I could already do one as a result of reading the broons christmas albums as a kid but my daughter now also has a passable scottish accent solely as a result of listening to this guy in the mornings. It's a bit harsh to judge the guy during a heatwave, it's in the winter when he really shines.

I do love his Irish Seeeeeeeee. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

When he first started he was incomprehensible. A bit less so now, but I'm not sure if that's because he's knocked the edges off it or because I've become used to it. I don't suppose it matters seeing as you can't trust the weather forecast anyway.

• Like 2

Howard Cain's version of the news always sets my teeth on edge just a rapid gabble, Chris Caine has a great voice for radio very clear.   Stu was having a rant about slow drivers today.....we are not all petrol heads !!!!having said that the mountain road is desperate when you get one really slow leading the procession.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Howard Cain's version of the news always sets my teeth on edge just a rapid gabble, Chris Caine has a great voice for radio very clear.   Stu was having a rant about slow drivers today.....we are not all petrol heads !!!!having said that the mountain road is desperate when you get one really slow leading the procession.

Ah yes, and his very patronising and pointless use of a Spanish accent, to accentuate every foreign name that he tries to pronounce. ggrrrrrr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2018 at 7:33 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

By jove...it sounds like they have sorted these morning sound levels out to a great extent. I have certainly noticed a difference on 2 devices.

Anyone else noticed?

Yay. Listened this morning and this afternoon, on the way to work and back, and the sound levels seemed fine in the speech, adverts and music. Maybe they've cracked it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree. I listened this morning and when Whispering Brian (ex weather man) Rae came on to whisper about Laa Columb Killey I thought, here we go and went to turn up the volume when suddenly his voice went up a few decibels all on its own with no hands required. The power of MF strikes again. I reckon Uncle Stu had a word. 

Edited by ecobob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just listening to stu bumbling through the living hope issue the thing that struck me most, other than stu throwing anonymous keyboard warriors like myself under the wheels of the living hope fun bus, was mr stansfield seemingly to me change what he was going to say from planting the seed to planting the churches. A wise move even though it didn't make sense.

33 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Just listening to stu bumbling through the living hope issue the thing that struck me most, other than stu throwing anonymous keyboard warriors like myself under the wheels of the living hope fun bus, was mr stansfield seemingly to me change what he was going to say from planting the seed to planting the churches. A wise move even though it didn't make sense.

A bit like that post, Stinky. Puts me in mind of one of Peter Karran's Tynwald speeches if only it was a thousand times longer.

I reckon they should be planting something or someone.

The Water wheel in Groudle glen should be left to rot graciously.   I bet 99% of Onchan residents have ever seen it.    No increase in rates please because of Caines grandstanding if she cares that much let her fund it out of the money she does sod all useful to earn.

6 hours ago, woolley said:

A bit like that post, Stinky. Puts me in mind of one of Peter Karran's Tynwald speeches if only it was a thousand times longer.

I reckon they should be planting something or someone.

Yes. Their leaders.

11 hours ago, woolley said:

...now can we make the adverts almost inaudible please.................?

Hang on Jeffreeeeeey, I can’t be hearin’ the fella singin’ about Millichaps of Ra-am-zeeeeeeeee

(OK - I’ll stop there...I’m only making it worse, I know).

2 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Hang on Jeffreeeeeey, I can’t be hearin’ the fella singin’ about Millichaps of Ra-am-zeeeeeeeee

(OK - I’ll stop there...I’m only making it worse, I know).

"Quayside, Quayside, we've got the tyres for you!!

QUAYSIDE!!!!"

AAAAGGGHHH!

Hits OFF button. Makes mental note never to buy anything from Quayside. Ever.

• Like 1