Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

10 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Subjective 'loudness' Terminal - according to the meters I'm as loud as the adverts. They are usually compressed though so will sound louder. I'll talk to the head solderer and see if there's a case for loudness meters instead of PPM's.

Might just be a mode setting on the desk given that you're all digital. My 1970's Neve broadcast desk had lovely slow VU meters, which I used to run at 100% for speech and c. 70% for (compressed, pre-recorded) music to get a perception of equivalent loudness. 

• Like 1

The 'certainly' is a bit of a tick I suppose.

And you have Chris Kinley telling 'the boys' not to swear on air but in the same breath egging them on to be a bit naughty (you will note that true professionals such as Peter Kneale and Geoff Cannell rarely had this problem, as they were in control and set the tone of the interview) and of course a quick here and there schoolboy snigger at wanking or some such thing. You have the lad Glover doing a quasi excited high pitched "this'll get me in the Manx Radio TT hall of fame" over the top wetting his knickers at a lap record being broken or whatever sound bite.

But aye, good ol' Manx Radio TT is generally well liked.

Edited by gettafa

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 9:25 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

They need to sort the sound levels around mandate in the mornings. 200db shopshite adverts, loud mandate presenter, whispering weathermen and whispering news headline readers.

We shouldn't have to constantly adjust the volume on our radios.

By jove...it sounds like they have sorted these morning sound levels out to a great extent. I have certainly noticed a difference on 2 devices.

Anyone else noticed?

On 6/7/2018 at 9:25 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

They need to sort the sound levels around mandate in the mornings. 200db shopshite adverts, loud mandate presenter, whispering weathermen and whispering news headline readers.

The weathermen are just so affected

On 6/7/2018 at 11:36 AM, Stu Peters said:

Subjective 'loudness' Terminal - according to the meters I'm as loud as the adverts. They are usually compressed though so will sound louder. 

The feckers should be compressed - at the bottom of the Pacific.

10 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

By jove...it sounds like they have sorted these morning sound levels out to a great extent. I have certainly noticed a difference on 2 devices.

Anyone else noticed?

I'd stopped listening. I'll give MR a try in the morning.