Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

21 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The Water wheel in Groudle glen should be left to rot graciously.   I bet 99% of Onchan residents have ever seen it.    No increase in rates please because of Caines grandstanding if she cares that much let her fund it out of the money she does sod all useful to earn.

Wrong thread sir

7 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Manx Petroleum..."Fuelling the movement to local"...

Another of the many nonesensical and irritating catchphrases in the running as most irksome MR advert. I make sure all my petrol is purchased at Ellan Vannin Fuels outlets.

7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Another of the many nonesensical and irritating catchphrases in the running as most irksome MR advert. I make sure all my petrol is purchased at Ellan Vannin Fuels outlets.

Yeah. When they first brought that Manx Petroleum one out, the quality at the end of the jingle was so poor that "dot co dot i m" sounded like "the cold dark i-land". They re-recorded it a few weeks later.

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Just because of the advert? That’s some powerful advertising right there. 

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Yeah. When they first brought that Manx Petroleum one out, the quality at the end of the jingle was so poor that "dot co dot i m" sounded like "the cold dark i-land". They re-recorded it a few weeks later.

Your post has made my day. I was chatting with someone from Manx radio and asked him to translate that phrase because I thought it said, “Our cold dark Island”. It changed a couple of weeks later. I think it might have been my influence but I’m not looking for any kind of accolade. 

Edited by ecobob
Thimbs
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Treasury should play an active role in planning the strategic direction of the company in the medium to long-term and the recruitment of directors."

So it's to be run by bean counters.

The death knell of many a profitable concern right up to multinational corporations....

• Like 1