The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

MOON -

I already liked the sound of this from the brief details I'd read about it, but had deliberately learned as little as possible to avoid spoilers.

That's the definitely the best way to see it, I certainly didn't see the 'main point' of the film coming at all, and once established it made for a very interesting second half.

Some may find it a bit on the slow side, not much in the way of action, very much sci-fi in its 'purest' sense. If you like Transformers, you're stupid, and you won't like this.

Overall, a good watch. £5 from hmv.com at the moment. (Unless you want to set fire to your money by buying the Blu-Ray instead.) 8/10

Saw Daybreakers on friday, what an absolute pile of shite, bored to death, stupid story, hammy acting. Straight to DVD garbage, avoid. 3/10

Last night saw Dead Mans Shoes, oldie but brilliant, dark and horrible. 8/10

Dead Mans Shoes is an oldie? What's your criteria for a film being an oldie then? :ermm: I do agree it's a fantastic film though.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Daybreakers. I felt the story was the best thing about it, it just lost its way by turning into a dumb action film about half way through.

the very last movie I have seen was none other thanThe Twilight Saga: Eclipse and I have been waited so long for this movie not only me there are thousands of teens who been so interesting in the movie how ever after seen the movie I did have feel of it was been out of ordinary and now goes on to more fantasy than we have never expected.

I've never seen any of the Twilight movies despite being a fan of the vampire genre. Are they just teen movies or are they worth watching if your a bit older? I'm guessing its full of teenage angst which is putting me of watching it.

BTW, reading your post hurt my brain. :)

Edited by tribz

the very last movie I have seen was none other thanThe Twilight Saga: Eclipse and I have been waited so long for this movie not only me there are thousands of teens who been so interesting in the movie how ever after seen the movie I did have feel of it was been out of ordinary and now goes on to more fantasy than we have never expected.

I've never seen any of the Twilight movies despite being a fan of the vampire genre. Are they just teen movies or are they worth watching if your a bit older? I'm guessing its full of teenage angst which is putting me of watching it.

BTW, reading your post hurt my brain. :)

Not a patch on Vampire Diaries or Trueblood. Twilight is very much aimed at teenage(and younger) girls.

THE ROAD -

Considering the raw power of the source material - (a book that's borderline traumatic) - I wasn't expecting too much, indeed, after I finished the book (first time I've read a book in a single day since I was about 15) I pretty much thought 'There's no way on earth you could actually film that.'

Well, it turns out you can't film it.

It tries hard, it's extremely well composed, the acting is superb, the look and sound is absolutely spot-on from start to finish, and it does a far better job of representing the book on-screen than I'd have thought possible, but in the final analysis, it just can't work in the way the book does. (The book is incredibly sparing, almost brutal with its use of language, in many regards it presents a sketch that you have to flesh out with your own mind and imagination, and that's what makes it so powerful.)

A film of course, by definition, has to show you stuff to make sense, and in doing so, that power is diluted. Although even then it pulls its punches on a couple of occasions

most notably in the complete absence of the newborn baby eating section, which wasn't gratuitous in the book, but at the same time was absolutely necessary

It still works, it's certainly a decent film, but if you've read the book, it's a backwards step, and if you've not read the book, just read it instead of watching this.

The fundamental warning and message is well represented, but you'd be better off spending a few hours reading the book IMO.

Still an 8/10, and still about sixty four billion times better than any Transformers film.

Edited by Twonky

Moon I thought was class. The Road however left me a little dissapointed, pretty depressed actually. Brilliantly acted I grant you but I felt the story was just bleak for my tastes, was far too diluted. I will read the book though, now you have mentioned it.

Moon I thought was class. The Road however left me a little dissapointed, pretty depressed actually. Brilliantly acted I grant you but I felt the story was just bleak for my tastes, was far too diluted. I will read the book though, now you have mentioned it.

Havent seen the film but the book is bleak...a great diescription of a desolated wold, but man the ending is sad! Not ashamed to admit I shed a little tear...I blame the hormones!