Apple Store For Douglas Or Just More Pc Hear Say?

Titanic

Probably just wishful thinking on somebody's behalf...

However, I heard today that Apple have got the old Waterloo pub in Strand Street and are converting into a new Apple Store...

Interesting if true, but does anybody know what is going in that old pub/shop they are doing up at the moment?

* Edited because I feel like it....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However, I heard today that Apple have got the old Waterloo pub in Strand Street and are converting into a new Apple Store...

I doubt it's true. We're only 80,000 people and there's plenty of cities in the USA / UK far bigger without an Apple store. Also, we already have Bigfish, Keigs and M&S selling Apple computers and a few more other places selling iPods, etc.

I doubt it's true. We're only 80,000 people and there's plenty of cities in the USA / UK far bigger without an Apple store. Also, we already have Bigfish, Keigs and M&S selling Apple computers and a few more other places selling iPods, etc.

I heard the same rumour some weeks ago. I agree that it would be unusual for a population of 80,000 to have a store, but check out the current stock levels in Keigs. I've heard it from enough different people and with enough detail to think it may be true, but wonder about the figures that would make it stack up, and won't really believe it until I see it.

Latest updated on the possible Douglas Apple Store. I have just been told the door handles on the new shop front are the same other Apple Stores ??? What ever that means. I cannot say I really noticed the door handles last time I was in one!

Also Keigs are reportedly running down their Apple stock as they are now longer stocking it ???

But as said above, it's probably yet another overprice coffee shop that we don't need.

But as said above, it's probably yet another overprice coffee shop that we don't need.

I don't think we actually need an Apple store do we? If anything I'd put one slightly below a coffee shop in terms of necessity. Although they're both luxury services, Apple loses a few points thanks to cafés being places for social interaction whereas an obsession with Apple is an unhealthy way of compensating for its absence.

I know 2 Apple managers where on the island recently from the UK having meetings. I also heard that bloke that runs Costa talking in the street with the 2 managers telling them how there would be no money in opening a new coffee shop.

However there has been no contact with Apple and the Architects involved, which is unusual as they normally have a lot of involvement with design. The reason the handles look as they do is because that is how they were drawn on the planning application.

More likely it is a new "designer" clothing store like En Fin or Bettie Red.

Archived