Manx Wow Guild Ideas

Shill

OK guys, taking a lot on faith here, but i'm going to reinstall and see if the game has improved any

the only problem is that i'm still on Talnivarr so can't play with you guys

IMO you'll need to be in a mature guild to get the most out of the game, as immortal has already said, there are a load of arseholes and idiot kids in WoW, and the best way to not have much to do with them is get guilded up and play with other mature like-minded folks.

Being in 'a guild' is no guarantee of quality company either, it pays to do a bit of research into what guild would be a good fit for you.

When Manx made the decision to leave Frostwhisper, one of our guildies spent some considerable time researching other servers and guilds before recommending where we've ended up (a guild called Essence of Mercy, Horde, on Doomhammer), and it's time that was very well spent because it's an excellent guild that really brings out the best in the game.

Using the random Looking For Group tool for 5-mans for example, can land you with you some right imbeciles, but what folks often do is just call out in guild chat if anyone fancies running a dungeon, and most times they'll get a group together.

WoW is not just 'a game' in the traditional sense, it consists of:

1) 'The game itself'

and

2) The company you keep in it

Being an MMO, point (2) is an important one, and I can well imagine the game getting annoying if it wasn't satisfied.

How frustrating! They won't let me move my character as I have too much gold! Was wanting to transfer to the same realm as you Twonky

It's a 50K limit for 85s I believe?

Sell the excess to IGN and then transfer over :D

I sold 100K of gold for £100 in cash, but that was to a Manx guildy so we did the deal in Douglas, rather than on the server, hence away from Blizzard's prying eyes shuriken.gif

• 2 months later...

Imagine not telling me you were having a wow night, MrBees told me about it this morning, handy that! 2 days late. I did actually cry. Ostracized, left out.....I hate you all.

Eh? I have no idea what you're going on about Ms Bees. We generally have a Battlefield+WoW night once per week, Friday or Saturday until late, all are welcome :)

I did see you in Shoprite the other day though, but you were at the checkouts and I was browsing the pogger bins, so I didn't say hello. You had a nice summery dress on.

Bah, everyone in my guild has a panda slapping invite apart from me :(

I did get a D3 beta invite over the weekend though so I am happy. 2 minutes into the D3 beta and all the happy memories of Diablo came flooding back, the combat system and gameplay is fantastic. I chose a Monk to play around with and they are hard as nails. Looking forward to hammering this a bit more over the coming weeks.

Mad, I have D3 and it's beta but haven't looked at them yet because I've been trying to install the feckwitted panda game for 2 days (12 hours 36 minutes and 25 seconds) AND now the poxy wow forums are down so I cannot see if there is anything new I could try. Don't suppose anyone knows of any mirror sites that have the beta?

From a personal point of view, I find that there are plenty of things to look forward to in a final release compared to beta. D3 beta from my view is getting me back into the feel of Diablo as its been years since I played. Making sure its something that I want to play as its going to take up a big chunk of my gaming time. I am looking forward to Pandaville simply because our guild only has heroic madness left, I got my orange tickle sticks and I am bored of making alts for the sake of something to do. The lvl cap is 86 at the moment so I want to get to grips with the new monk class and have a peek at the new areas. Release will still spring alot of surprises and things to look forward to in my opinion.

I'm bored with wow as it is Twonky, there's only so many "kill 8 badgers" quests a person can do and I can't PUG, my friends don't play anymore so I'm little billy no mates questing on my own :( I haven't got the gear to raid and Furrys DPS went worse than ever when I changed her to fire so I hate her now, pointless mage. I thought if I got into the beta I might not be so 'left behind' as I feel now :( who said gaming was fun?

I'm bored with wow as it is Twonky, there's only so many "kill 8 badgers" quests a person can do and I can't PUG, my friends don't play anymore so I'm little billy no mates questing on my own sad.png I haven't got the gear to raid and Furrys DPS went worse than ever when I changed her to fire so I hate her now, pointless mage. I thought if I got into the beta I might not be so 'left behind' as I feel now sad.png who said gaming was fun?

Surely you can at least get in on LFR? It's not ideal perhaps but at least it's a way to see the content.

Have to say though that were it not for me doing my pally (levelled 15-84 entirely in instances as tank) I'd have probably dropped the game a little while ago. And now I can't be arsed to ding 85 with him :D

Probably just wait for SUPER PANDAS now I think, and DIablo 3 isn't far off.

Until then there's always blackjack and hookers.