A Cautionary Tesco Tale

Lonan3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happened to me on a beer offer. Now that is serious.

But every time I have written and complained I've received an apology plus a gift card from £10 - £25. Worth doing because if you do nothing then nothing changes...

Checkout Zombies are trained to coax unsuspecting victims into giving out their details in return for a plastic card that makes the bearer a member of the cult and is designed to allow Hell HQ full insight into your life.

Buys a lot of beer, condoms and frozen pizza - the overlord knows you are a single male on the pull and suggests the latest deodorant in his next newsletter.

Tesco - every little hell

I shouldn't have been eating peanuts when I read this! Goodness. I have stopped choking on them now.

However...the most sinister supermarket I have heard of is one in Germany where the shelves talk to you as you walk past based on the details they hold on you:

"You are a single male - we have a special on condoms this week" embarrassed look at girlfriend's mother who you are helping with the shopping - exit chased by a trolley

Care needs to be taken with all the special offers, the price is often increased for a single unit, over it's normal price, to ease the cost of the two for one offer.

So if you only buy one you are paying for other peeps freebee (alleged).

The quantities are sometimes altered as well.

So mrs lonan may well have paid too much to add insult to the insult.

the deal advertised on my normal stella run was too good to miss so i got 2 cases.while lining up to pay convo in the line made three other people go and get some.my turn came to pay and i was told the 2xprice nope said i. go read the deal and serve me ty. she got the manager who read the offer and admited it was a mistake but served me and the others at the lower price. nice guy

the deal advertised on my normal stella run was too good to miss so i got 2 cases.while lining up to pay convo in the line made three other people go and get some.my turn came to pay and i was told the 2xprice nope said i. go read the deal and serve me ty. she got the manager who read the offer and admited it was a mistake but served me and the others at the lower price. nice guy

You have obviously been back for more then ?

I believe M&S are doing a 2 for 1 on capital letters this week ...

Yoda ...

Yoda ...

They're not just capital letters. They're Oxford Dictionary sourced, thesaurus free range approved, university professor hand selected capital letters.

Yoda ...

They're not just capital letters. They're Oxford Dictionary sourced, thesaurus free range approved, university professor hand selected capital letters.

with one of richard hammonds pubes on them too.

For gods sake you guys, if you take off the wastage from overbuying, overpackaging, over priced special offers, impulse buying. 'oooh thats a nice TV, we need one for the toilet'!!!, then you are better of shopping on Woodbourne Terrace, the Islands secret supermarket, good butcher and robbos open till six, Coop, Howards open til late, wine shop ( you get what you pay for), 500 take aways if you're in a lazy mood.

What more could you need?

Fruit salad = orange, apple, banana any other fruit you fancy, soak in orange juice for lo cal or sugar syrup for calories, last three days, you know what's in there and bloody good for you!

Tescos, Bhahhhh!

I agree that if an offer was advertised in store then it should be honoured. That British not making a fuss thing always costs you money.

The main problem I have with Tescos is that I always get sucked in to their marketing strategies and spend too much! I always spend at least 25% more if I shop at Tescos rather than Shoprite, where it is easier to just stick to my shopping list. I've never had a problem with the check-out staff at either Tescos or Shoprite - usually friendly enough. You can't get Manx duck eggs at Tescos though...

The main problem I have with Tescos is that I always get sucked in to their marketing strategies and spend too much! I always spend at least 25% more if I shop at Tescos rather than Shoprite, where it is easier to just stick to my shopping list.

I had exactly the same argument when we lived 'on the other side' as regards Tesco vs. Sainsbury.

I always spend at least 25% more if I shop at Tescos rather than Shoprite, where it is easier to just stick to my shopping list.

1) Because the Shoprite stores are so badly laid out.

2) Shopping list? Wassat?

Archived