Greens Closing 31St December.

player

Please tell me it was a wind up / spam ?

Everyone else was making stuff up, so I thought I would join in. sorry.

Who's made stuff up ?, there was speculation about who had taken over, and, to the best of our knowledge its turned out to be true

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Is there no end to this man's talent?)

Pass the sick bag Alice!

When I saw that Barrie was posting here I thought "Oh Noooooooo" remembering all of the wasted hours picking the bones out of those letters to the Examiner over the years. But Spook help me I'm beginning to enjoy his contributions - particularly the above and the one where he was complaining about someone going on for page after page to say virtually nothing. "Oh, that God the gift would give us. To see ourselves as others see us" I think there is wonderful self deprecating homour here and it seems he doesn't take himself as seriously as I thought he did. So good on yer Barrie.

And as for Greens. Sorry for Nigel - another class business bites the dust.

Don't tell anyone, but I have it on the BEST authority, that Pizza Express are moving in and will have a Starbucks concession as well, for those wanting snacks and drinks rather than a sit down 'meal'.

That's bollocks. It's going to be Primark with a Burger King on the upper floor, there will also be a Maglev rail link to the Ryanair terminal at Jurby

What a pity, great food, very popular and a different dining experience. I sincerely hope that it is not replaced by some soulless mass produced shite served by morons.

Get rid of the steam trains next they are elegant fun too !!

This is a classic Manx Forums thread. Starts out well, expressing disappointment a popular eaterie is closing, then swiftly descends into an exchange of half-baked legal opinions which largely ignore the input of the one legally-trained poster, then creates a fact out of a suggestion and immediately turns into an attack on a company which, as far as anyone knows, has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

All we need now is a debate about whether shoplifting is right or wrong, whether God is real or not and PK telling us how much better the UK would have done it all and it'll be the perfect thread.

Well, if you don't like it here, there's always:

http://www.disneydreams-boards.org/

Although we do have our own theme park here - bit boring, though, and only open a few hours the odd tuesday.

But it won't be an empty space when Gordon Ramsay opens his new restaurant there. Which I heard he was going to.

Is that a pig I see overhead :-) what a joke. Really. What a complete joke. What a total load of balls.

And i supose Gordon Ramsay will be buying all his will be buying from robinsons as the ad says, well i hope it is a lot better than the out of date shite they are selling in ramsey ! :P

No, that's just Gordon in Ramsey who buy's from Robinson.

Since it changed hands The Sound Cafe has had an appalling reputaion but The Sound itself is meant to be a Jewel in the IoM's Tourism. The Cafe at the Hospital is basically a Monopoly and after it changed hands again the reports are not good and there was allegedly an immediate increase in price. In those situations in my view there is a balance between providing a service to the public and obtaining the best posible income.

I am sure if you asked Government they would say they do take these matters into account when reviewing tenders but in my view history has shown that the changes have frequently not been for the better. I doubt if Giovernment will accept this as recently when there were complaints about The Sound Cafe in the paper somebody from Government wrote in to defend it. I just thought had the writer not seen the comments on sites such as Where's Good to Eat

Wups, that's indeed not good reading:

http://www.wheresgoodtoeat.com/Reviews/Establishment-Details?id=113909

But it won't be an empty space when Gordon Ramsay opens his new restaurant there. Which I heard he was going to.

Was he shite going to. Ramsay has been closing restaurants all over the world as his empire is losing a fortune

A Marco Pierre White franchise was on the cards for the Quay West site, just round the corner from Greens. This didn't happen and now Mario has opened "Portofino" instead. Looks fantastic but I can't afford to eat there

Anybody heard who's taking over yet ?, apparently there was an article on the wireless yesterday where they said that it definately wasn't D's leisure ?, and, that Greens lost their bid cause they didn't put forward a decent business plan - interesting given that they've ran it successfully for 21 years !!

Archived