General Election 2011 - Douglas North

Declan

All Gnipa to you

I have just listened to an interview on manx radio with a Mr Howton. In my alleged personal opinion the chap is absolutely crackers. I would hope that there will or should be a viable alternative to Howton - in my opinion he is like well off the wall. Or if you like - Crumbs!!!!!!!!!

Balladoo love for now

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lot are sooo lucky, Theo just called at my folks house, what a lovely man I'd vote for him at the drop of a hat. I wish I could vote for him, I'm lumbered with Shimmin, Corkish and retired fireman Jo - load of past it lip flappers, pft!

Beyond time for an all island vote.

Lib Van attaching big posters to government owned railings

I'm pretty sure there's some regulation in place in regards to posters, etc, during elections and it's allowed to stick them up in places where you wouldn't be allowed to during the year.

I know where I'd like to stick them up.

You lot are sooo lucky, Theo just called at my folks house, what a lovely man I'd vote for him at the drop of a hat. I wish I could vote for him, I'm lumbered with Shimmin, Corkish and retired fireman Jo - load of past it lip flappers, pft!

Beyond time for an all island vote.

Did he mention any reasonable policies - or did you just take a shine to his dapper look?

I didn't speak to him my mum did, they talked about LPG cars being encouraged to lower carbon emissions & better re-cycling. Reducing the number of civil servants and MHK/MLC's, an all island vote, a contributory pension for MHK's. He was there for ages, they were talking about failures with current government, over spends, the Iris issue, drug problems in society (proper drugs not pot and E's) & I'm sure there was more. I got a generally good impression of the man - he was saying something and I agreed with what he was saying which is more than can be said for the bunch of 'whatevers' West Douglas has :(

I didn't speak to him my mum did, they talked about LPG cars being encouraged to lower carbon emissions & better re-cycling. Reducing the number of civil servants and MHK/MLC's, an all island vote, a contributory pension for MHK's. He was there for ages, they were talking about failures with current government, over spends, the Iris issue, drug problems in society (proper drugs not pot and E's) & I'm sure there was more. I got a generally good impression of the man - he was saying something and I agreed with what he was saying which is more than can be said for the bunch of 'whatevers' West Douglas has :(

He only has 3400 properties to go then...maybe he'll cover 200 or 300 houses in Sept at that rate :blink:

he's the most credible candidate to stand against Houghton and Henderson, whether he'll be able to drag the Willaston vote from the sitting members will be interesting - both of them deserve to go IMO

....and in saying that you capture my deepening depression at this whole election circus; of course H&H deserve to go, they are both awful; in different ways but indivisibly and indisputably so. But they'll survive...on the block Willaston vote. And their defects, failings and lack of contribution to our advancement will be perpetuated. I'm sorry to be so morose colleagues but I don't seem to be able to shake of my black mood after listening to those ghastly and hideous creatures standing in Castletown. I won't be listening to many more....certainly not Malew and Santon...I'm sure suicide would ensue.

It was a horrible night too, when I saw him walking up the drive I thought he was taking a short cut though my folks garden. Very surprised to find a prospective MHK treading the tarmac in torrential rain, do you not like him Al?

You can call me Al if you like, I do look a bit like Chevy Chase people say.

Yes I do like him, but we're not getting married or anything like.

Initial thoughts on MR Douglas North Discussion was that Beth Espey was the clear winner. Unfortunatly she is not standing!

Peter Hill the Liberal Vannin candidate was a car crash radio referring to the LVP as them, and having some knowledge of thir properties.

Henderson & Houghton were the Bill and Ben double act you expected. It might be acceptable to have one in a partliament or constituency but two. I doubt they have much to offer a govt but probably at a local level. Basically glorified commissioners.

Theo Fleurbaay probably best candidate by default. Came away from programme with not many abiding memories good or bad. I would like to listen to though again just to try and taken in his contribution better

Initial thoughts on MR Douglas North Discussion was that Beth Espey was the clear winner. Unfortunatly she is not standing!

Peter Hill the Liberal Vannin candidate was a car crash radio referring to the LVP as them, and having some knowledge of thir properties.

Henderson & Houghton were the Bill and Ben double act you expected. It might be acceptable to have one in a partliament or constituency but two. I doubt they have much to offer a govt but probably at a local level. Basically glorified commissioners.

Theo Fleurbaay probably best candidate by default. Came away from programme with not many abiding memories good or bad. I would like to listen to though again just to try and taken in his contribution better

Having listened to this debate I really can't see an obvious winner , yet another motley crew

Archived