More Great Publicity For The Island....

thebees

What do you call someone who thinks lesbians are "OK"

Disabled?

Seriously though, no one should be forced to rent out their own personal private property to people who they personally find undesirable.

In this free society, every gay so desperately wants, people who do not find homosexuality acceptable or desirable should also be able to express their negative outlook on homosexuals, or else you have a situation where being gay is perfectly normal, and nobody is allowed to say otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this free, tolerant society that gay people want, simply would not be free and tolerant if people who express the different, and in my opinion correct view, that homosexuality is wrong and were forced to believe otherwise, forced to accept homosexuals and, in the case of the landlord, forced to trade with people who they do not find desirable individuals.

As much as I hate feeding the troll, but is a biblical dislike you have for gays?

I have just been brought up and educated that homosexuality is wrong and should not be promoted.

Bit unfair to cut up my sentence, which I thought was a fair question.

Apologies.

Disabled?

Seriously though, no one should be forced to rent out their own personal private property to people who they personally find undesirable.

In this free society, every gay so desperately wants, people who do not find homosexuality acceptable or desirable should also be able to express their negative outlook on homosexuals, or else you have a situation where being gay is perfectly normal, and nobody is allowed to say otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this free, tolerant society that gay people want, simply would not be free and tolerant if people who express the different, and in my opinion correct view, that homosexuality is wrong and were forced to believe otherwise, forced to accept homosexuals and, in the case of the landlord, forced to trade with people who they do not find desirable individuals.

Free speech is what a modern society should be all about....and everyone is entitled to their opinion...and rent their properties to who they choose....however freedom of speech doesn't include verbally abusing people!!

Perhaps we should just take it one stage further and stone the faggots/lezzers and be done with it!! Jeeeeeze.........

Exactly my point - however you can't have free speech without being able to express your opinion surely?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disabled?

As much as I hate feeding the troll, but is a biblical dislike you have for gays?

I have just been brought up and educated that homosexuality is wrong and should not be promoted.

Bit unfair to cut up my sentence, which I thought was a fair question.

Apologies.

Disabled?

Free speech is what a modern society should be all about....and everyone is entitled to their opinion...and rent their properties to who they choose....however freedom of speech doesn't include verbally abusing people!!

Perhaps we should just take it one stage further and stone the faggots/lezzers and be done with it!! Jeeeeeze.........

Exactly my point - however you can't have free speech without being able to express your opinion surely?

Perhaps if you put your opinion across in an educated manner without the abusive name calling it may be respected more! We can't all agree or have the same values.....it's what makes the world go round.

Resorting to insults to get your point/opinion across just makes you look ignorant, uneducated and people will ignore any argument you may put forward to support your views!

Excellent summary.

All you hugapuff / muncharug supporters should wind your necks in a bit and study the above statements - they are simple and so very true.

CM weighs in

http://manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/55082/chief-minister-attacks-church

Why am I not surprised that religion has something to do with it?

http://manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=65196

BBC on it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-22511962

Let's see how many more news outlets will carry it, but the damage is already done.

In my experience, the only people who have problems with gays are those who think they might be able to be converted if they spend too long in the company of gays.

I believe Manannan falls firmly into this category. He fears them, because he knows how they might tease out his true nature

Could be wrong here, but the impression I got from the story was that the landlord initially agreed to the let, seemingly either not knowing about these ladies persuasions, or not seeming to be concerned about it ...but...then the church weighed-in....with threats.

One of many reasons I hate religious types, it just feeds negativity like this chap in general. They seem to forget the old 'God treats everyone equally' they spout when first teaching everyone about Christianity as I was first taught at 5 in a CofE school.

Right, "educated". Didn't study at Westboro Baptist University by any chance?

So you were basically indoctrinated to hate someone because they are different to you. Nice parents.

Let's see how many more news outlets will carry it, but the damage is already done.

Why do you appear to care more about the negative news aspect vs the issue itself?

Who says I do? I care about the issue but the fact remains that one single religious....let's be polite and call him....'individual' has just done a tremendous amount of damage to the island. IOMG should have people on the ball in their PR department to limit the damage and react, for example by liaising with UK and other media when they contact them to check on existing legislation. I'm not being negative or concentrating on the negative - I'm being a realist looking at the facts. Damage limitation is now the name of the game.

You could tell Bell is really pissed off about this in the interview on manx.net. Let's hope this helps to push the legislation through fast. People who believe in religious fairy tales interfering with the real world in such manner is something I thought we had long left behind - but it seems some areas of Ramsey are still living in the dark ages.

Isle of Man..where you can....discriminate as much as you want!

Archived