£50 Sewerage Charge

Bradzin

Out of all this let's hope we have some good, decent people standing in the next elections who give us a genuine choice to vote for who have the good of the island at heart, as the gravy train is nearly out of Bisto so there's less incentive for the career leeches anymore to limpet themselves onto the choo choo.

• Like 1

Quick bit of maths here.

130 people paying tax cap of £120k. Raise this to £150k and it will raise 30k x 130 = £3.9 mill

Introduce a toilet tax of £50 on an optimistic guesstimate at 50,000 households = £2.5 mill

Costs of collecting the first tax are high.

Costs of collecting the second tax are low.

The reason the sewage tax is in is because once it's in, it's going to keep going up and up and up. £100 next year, more after that.

How the fuck can they justify £300 per year? Wankers. I can't wait til I bump into Phil Gawne in Port Erin Shoprite next. I'd say the same about Skelly but I've no idea what he looks like. Can you get arrested for swearing at someone?

I think you can for swearing in public - can't recall what the relevant law is but I'm sure JW can clarify.

ETA - be clever about it, call him a Cupid Stunt, tell him your ducking fisgusted at their behaviour over the 'charge' (it's not a tax apparently).

Cunch of bunts!

I think you can for swearing in public - can't recall what the relevant law is but I'm sure JW can clarify.

ETA - be clever about it, call him a Cupid Stunt, tell him your ducking fisgusted at their behaviour over the 'charge' (it's not a tax apparently).

Cunch of bunts!

I think if you are loud enough you can get done under public order offences regardless of your spoonerisms, public order laws seem to be a catch all for uttering insulting, threatening or abusive language in public

Surely, a more damning and positive action would be to write to your elected MHK's(if they supported the charge) and remove your vote,stating they no longer have your vote or any mandate from you on the basis of having failed to adequately represent you.

Follow that by writing to one of the MHK's who opposed the charge and ask if they would be willing to take the role as your surrogate representative until such time as you have the opportunity to elect a suitable candidate for your constituency at the the next General Election.

Remember the power that is your vote, and that they are in your employment to represent you adequately and fairly.

If you feel that is no longer the case then give them their marching orders.

• Like 2

Steve Rodan accused of electioneering for voting against? He has probably got most of his constituency with him over this one, as the majority are linked direct to the sea, and will see no "benefit" whatsoever from the charge.

His argument is precisely why I would be voting against him if he voted FOR.