£50 Sewerage Charge

Bradzin

More appropriate would be to confront each of them with the fact that their incompetence in allowing the passing of this piece of inequitable legislation is what put them in a position of having their own arm up their back and failing to act justly as representatives.

This is a gross and negligent failure by 'our representatives'.

• Like 2

According to a post on facebook the following voted AGAINST:

Kate Beecroft

Alf Cannan

Brenda Cannell

Zac Hall

Peter Karran

Bill Henderson

Steve Rodan

Chris Thomas

Juan Turner

As I understand it the only thing the others approved was an Order that framed the charging under legislation that has been long passed anyway that brought in the right and powers for the Water Board to charge in 2013?

We seem to be entering a whole new realm of Tynwald allowing authorities to raise taxes from their users to circumvent Treasury's own budget cuts. Its almost granting a franchise to cheat the public to keep departmental budgets balanced even when Treasury has made the decision to cut funding from general revenue.

• Like 2

Could you link me to the post please?

I think it is this one, posted to the Positive Action Group, scroll down a few posts: Facebook

Interestingthat someone has said that members of Tynwald read reading through the petition picking out fake names and finding themselves a reason to dismiss the petition.

I wonder how many of the 6,000+ names will be voting for them come the general election in 2016?

Edited by carbon selector

They even did that New Labour thing of saying how they failed to get their message across.

We got the message OK and we will remember how they treated the public over this affair.

Chris Thomas was accused of grandstanding when he mentioned his manifesto promises and Steve Rodan of electioneering when he pointed out that Laxey is not on IRIS.

Just let the rest of them try knocking on their constituents' doors after this charge has been introduced and see what sort of response they get. They'll find that the message was clearly conveyed.

• Like 6