Manx Nostalgia

GD4ELI

Despite not liking Facebook much I use it to stay in touch with a few people who seem to live their lives there. Anyway, I stumbled across https://www.facebook.com/groups/manxnostalgia/ which is excellent, if there was ever a reason for having a Facebook account then it's this site.

Also there's none of the daft moaners seen on MF blaming come-overs for every sin on the island, none of the pathetic posts seen far too often on MF - instead just intelligent and informed comments.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite not liking Facebook much I use it to stay in touch with a few people who seem to live their lives there. Anyway, I stumbled across https://www.facebook.com/groups/manxnostalgia/ which is excellent, if there was ever a reason for having a Facebook account then it's this site.

Also there's none of the daft moaners seen on MF blaming come-overs for every sin on the island, none of the pathetic posts seen far too often on MF - instead just intelligent and informed comments.

I suggest that you refrain from posting on it then.

It's great isn't it? I've found some photos relevant to my family that I never knew existed.

I have quite an archive which I'll get scanned in once I have moved back to England.

It's great isn't it? I've found some photos relevant to my family that I never knew existed.

Indeed - growing up in the 60's and 70's on the IOM was a very pleasant experience.

Not being a Facebook follower either, I'll have a look so thanks for the info.

Maybe speak on 2m/70cms, next visit to IOM? Take it your call sign goes back a bit? Has something of 'nostalgia' in the GD4?

What's the chat channel by the way?

Hi,

Looks like I've sold my place in Switzerland, next stop is probably Cornwall, not the rock, but we'll see next week.

Archived