Port Erin Marine Research Station

Boo Gay'n

Probably got fed up with having to fight the 'we don't want change' brigade.

Pity - Port Erin will now be left to rot with no real future other than a retirement village for old people and people who piss away their tax payers paid wage in the pub.

Now, if it was in Douglas ..

We should hail Spuan Juan for his contribution to his village!! He can tell us in public, or one of his sock puppets on MF, why he did it??

Port Erin will now be left to rot with no real future other than a retirement village for old people and people who piss away their tax payers paid wage in the pub.

Sounds like someone I know.

Pity - Port Erin will now be left to rot with no real future other than a retirement village for old people and people who piss away their tax payers paid wage in the pub.

No way, we have a new roundabout, don't you know. With an anchor on top, I said anchor....

No way, we have a new roundabout, don't you know. With an anchor on top, I said anchor....

I see that the DOI press release in the papers laughingly refers to the roundabout as the 'gateway' to Port Erin and Port St Mary. What planet are these people on that a roundabout is now apparently the equivalent of Admiralty Arch sweeping majestically down the Mall? Is that what you have to do when you've pissed away £300k on a roundabout? All of a sudden it has become a bizarre town gateway because instead of spending £25 painting a circle in the middle of the road you blew £300k on a hideous over specified civil engineering project with a stupid anchor dumped on top of it?

We have now two of the most expensive roundabouts in the world, probably, less than a mile from each other. So you can shove your green Peel road and £10m promenade...nnnnrrrr

• Like 5

I heard they are going to pave the road between the two roundabouts in gold, but it is going to take 100 years as firstly, they need to do a consultancy and send the entire government to Australia to see the Gold Coast. Just for a jolly, nothing to do with roads.

Move on would be good for a Manx round about.

It's a give way, not a stop for some you can just about make out coming over the horizon

And has been operating for several days now without any ' Government painted instructions ' of how to get round a Roundabout. I now await the arrival of 500 gallons of paint ( assorted colors ) and a couple of dozen new Road Signs to instruct all us plebs how to stay on the road, and how to use this wonderful new ' Gateway '. ( we are indeed blessed ) What a disgusting waste of time and money, and how much extra have all the balls ups cost? Who has been responsible for this latest mega waste? . We will never find out.

It's a give way, not a stop for some you can just about make out coming over the horizon

Who has been responsible for this latest mega waste? . We will never find out.

I'm going to blame Phil Gawne anyway!

In fact what would really finish it off would be a 4-5metre high sculpture of a hand holding a gas fed lighted match,installed in the middle of it.

Edited by homarus

Who has been responsible for this latest mega waste? . We will never find out.

I'm going to blame Phil Gawne anyway!

In fact what would really finish it off would be a 4-5metre high sculpture of a hand holding a gas fed lighted match,underneath a frying pan with NO queenies in it. Fixed

• Like 3