Manx Gas

Max Power

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently MG have offered a 'Lifeline' (strong term, that) to cash-paying customers by contacting, ''a member of staff''; doesn't say who.

Those who pay by DD are ''subsidising'' those who don't.

That's it, typically blaming the customer for its woes, same as the lame excuse over having to charge more because we used less!

The Isle of Man, where you can make it up as you go along....

OFT vice-chair steps down

Energy regulation policy prompts resignation

Vice Chairman of the Office of Fair Trading Chris Thomas has resigned.

In his resignation letter, seen by Manx Radio, he says he took his decision after a recent policy decision on voluntary gas regulation.

He says he opposes voluntary regulation – which puts him at odds with the OFT and Council of Ministers.

In his resignation to chairman David Quirk MHK – who’s facing criticism after Manx Gas announced it would scrap early payment discounts for people who don’t use direct debit – Mr Thomas says energy regulation is an issue he holds dear.

Manx Gas offer lifeline for vulnerable

Statement says people may still get discount after Keys row

Manx Gas has thrown a potential lifeline to its most vulnerable customers.

It's issued a statement after a row in the House of Keys this week, over the company scrapping its early payment discount, for those who don't use direct debit.

Thye company says those without bank accounts might still get the discount by contacting its staff.

But it says those who don't pay by direct debit are being subsidised by those who do, and it needs to cut administration costs.

I agree with Manx Gas on this one.

There is no reason really for people not to be paying by DD. If they don't want to, fine. But it is more expensive for Manx Gas to process this type of payment.

The easy answer to get rid of the erarly payment discount. And apply a separate discount if you pay by DD.

I don't see why I (as a DD user) should be subsidising people who either can't be arsed, can't work it out, or simply refuse just for the effing sake of it.

I don't see why I (as a DD user) should be subsidising people who either can't be arsed, can't work it out, or simply refuse just for the effing sake of it.

I don't see why I (as a Manx Gas customer) should be subsidising people to race motorbikes and drink champagne in the hospitality tent. Even if I do love road racing.

I don't see why I (as a Manx Gas customer) should be subsidising people to race motorbikes and drink champagne in the hospitality tent. Even if I do love road racing.

And I wouldn't disagree with you on that.

Unless of course Manx Gas can show a demonstrable return on their investment. i.e if they didn't do it and an Oil competitor did then would it make a difference to their business? I suspect not. But to some degree Manx Gas as a large company here will be expected to tow the Corporate and Social Responsiblity line in various guises so if it doesn't go here it goes somewhere else which, on the face of it, will have as little return on investment.

Manx Gas offer lifeline for vulnerable

Statement says people may still get discount after Keys row

Manx Gas has thrown a potential lifeline to its most vulnerable customers.

It's issued a statement after a row in the House of Keys this week, over the company scrapping its early payment discount, for those who don't use direct debit.

Thye company says those without bank accounts might still get the discount by contacting its staff.

But it says those who don't pay by direct debit are being subsidised by those who do, and it needs to cut administration costs.

I agree with Manx Gas on this one.

There is no reason really for people not to be paying by DD. If they don't want to, fine. But it is more expensive for Manx Gas to process this type of payment.

The easy answer to get rid of the erarly payment discount. And apply a separate discount if you pay by DD.

Assuming you believe Manx Gas when it asserts that "those who don't pay by direct debtor being subsidised by those who do".

I don't biggrin.png

Quirk at his finest, today it is chinese lanterns.....yesterday the gas cock up...and what ever happened to that I.O.M. STEAM PACKET report. OFT is a waste of money and a department that would not be missed.

Add the financial ombudsman to that (same office) whilst your at it !

Archived