Reward offered to identify poison pen author: Do you recognise the handwriting?

The Sick Moon

Aah, I know who you mean. He was a great Alvin Stardust. I remember watching him in the Hawaian, great entertainment.

I met him up on Douglas Head a couple of years ago, and had a long chat with him (well, really he talked at me for a while) but only after he had satisfied himself as to my Manx credentials. He struck me as a very sad and disappointed man, let down by everyone including his family, more to be pitied than despised.

He is exactly that,to be pitied,poor sod had no life at home and i think he was only ever happy when on his old man's rowing boats when he was a kid,Jackie is a very complicated guy who needs help.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to know that some people still take the trouble to sit down and do a hand written letter, especially in these days of laptop on your knee, TV remote on the other knee, wifi to the printer and bash out any old rubbish between riveting TV shows!

He was obviously astute enough to realise that printer output can be traced like a fingerprint. Didn't catch him on that, did they.

Did he put the senders address on the back ?

Did he put a stamp on it? ( DNA traceable). The postman probably thought, ' I'll deliver it anyway, it could be important!'.

The camera guy was called Harold and he was relatively harmless and you used to also see him in the various hotel bars "photographing" tourists. There also used to be an old woman with a headscarf down by the Nunnery who used to wave her stick and angrily shout at passing motorists just for the hell of it. Life was so much simpler then. We had great nutters. This chap seems to be bordering on that generation so hopefully a good old Manx angry nutter story is in the offing.

We still have some characters around. One I haven't seen for a while is 'The Walker' who seemed to be on the longest journey ever, always in shorts with little bags hanging off his belt, probably with very important and interesting things in them.

There's a guy down South, looks like Uncle Albert, race walks in short shorts and a singlet, talking to himself. But only in the snow or when it's blowing a hoolie.

The camera guy was called Harold and he was relatively harmless and you used to also see him in the various hotel bars "photographing" tourists. There also used to be an old woman with a headscarf down by the Nunnery who used to wave her stick and angrily shout at passing motorists just for the hell of it. Life was so much simpler then. We had great nutters. This chap seems to be bordering on that generation so hopefully a good old Manx angry nutter story is in the offing.

We still have some characters around. One I haven't seen for a while is 'The Walker' who seemed to be on the longest journey ever, always in shorts with little bags hanging off his belt, probably with very important and interesting things in them.

There's a guy down South, looks like Uncle Albert, race walks in short shorts and a singlet, talking to himself. But only in the snow or when it's blowing a hoolie.

That's Gawne electioneering.

Haven't seen him in years. Used to see him going through Ballabeg with his shorts right up his bum cheeks biggrin.png

There was that freaky priest type chap that used to live up Cregneash too

Isn't the 'Freaky Priest' a lawyer in his day job? Not that lawyers can't be freaky. He's not so much, '' ooo ooo aahhh!'' as ''Looorrd heaaar me jeeezus chrrrissst.''

Oh yeah, freaky!

Isn't the 'Freaky Priest' a lawyer in his day job? Not that lawyers can't be freaky. He's not so much, '' ooo ooo aahhh!'' as ''Looorrd heaaar me jeeezus chrrrissst.''

Oh yeah, freaky!

I don't think so - I'm fairly certain he is still about but no longer freaky or a priest

We call him popeye. Nice enough fella although a little simple. Easily found in the top bar in the Falcon most weekends.

• 2 weeks later...

sentence due in may? seems a long time away. the question that strikes me is that, considering he was presumably threatened due to his official role rather than a neighbourly dispute, did we pay for the extra security measures and if so, how much?

Good job he didn't tell Eddie to fuck off through his letterbox. It would have been £600 minimum.

Archived