So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

14 hours ago, woody2 said:

the look on soubry's face......:lol:...

I think she's totally lost the plot. She stood to raise a point of order and asserted that most MPs on both sides secretly didn't want an election. This was after the 438- 20 vote in favour. Row of MPs behind her were gobsmacked. 

• Haha 1

Brexit deal means ‘£70bn hit to UK by 2029'

Boris Johnson's Brexit deal will leave the UK £70bn worse off than if it had remained in the EU, a study by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) has found.

It concluded that GDP would be 3.5% lower in 10 years' time under the deal.

The independent forecaster's outlook is one of the first assessments of how the economy will fare under the new deal.

But the Treasury said it plans on a 'more ambitious' agreement with the EU than 'NIESR is basing its findings on'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50219036

I love the way that if The Treasury plans "on a 'more ambitious' agreement with the EU" then everything will be wonderful! Just because they asked for more....

That's as stupid as claiming that the factual 122% rise in UK gdp since 1992 can't be taken seriously because it might have been better had we been outside of the EU!

Lies, damned lies and wishful thinking.....

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Boris Johnson's Brexit deal will leave the UK £70bn worse off than if it had remained in the EU, a study by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) has found.

It concluded that GDP would be 3.5% lower in 10 years' time under the deal.

The independent forecaster's outlook is one of the first assessments of how the economy will fare under the new deal.

But the Treasury said it plans on a 'more ambitious' agreement with the EU than 'NIESR is basing its findings on'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50219036

I love the way that if The Treasury plans "on a 'more ambitious' agreement with the EU" then everything will be wonderful! Just because they asked for more....

That's as stupid as claiming that the factual 122% rise in UK gdp since 1992 can't be taken seriously because it might have been better had we been outside of the EU!

Lies, damned lies and wishful thinking.....

#fakenews

received money off the losers people's vote........

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It concluded that GDP would be 3.5% lower in 10 years' time.

FFS. He's got his guessing stick out again.  They can't judge the economy for 10 weeks, let alone 10 years. If that was truly possible they'd be busy making billions rather than writing Mystic Meg financial forecasts. 

Just now, woolley said:

FFS. He's got his guessing stick out again.  They can't judge the economy for 10 weeks, let alone 10 years. If that was truly possible they'd be busy making billions rather than writing Mystic Meg financial forecasts. 

Give your arse a chance.

I worked in a multinational where business decisions and investments were made on projections. Like on the rest of the planet.

So stop trying to undermine anything that makes your totally stupid and unnecessary brexit look like one colossal fuckup. Instead challenge it with your own figures.

Simples.

Just now, P.K. said:

Give your arse a chance.

I worked in a multinational where business decisions and investments were made on projections. Like on the rest of the planet.

So stop trying to undermine anything that makes your totally stupid and unnecessary brexit look like one colossal fuckup. Instead challenge it with your own figures.

Simples.

I read that as "I worked in a multinational whore business".

I can't take you seriously if you take a ten year financial forecast seriously.

3 hours ago, woolley said:

I read that as "I worked in a multinational whore business".*

I can't take you seriously if you take a ten year financial forecast seriously.

* Hmmm not possible really. I'm Manx not Turkish.

Bit of an overuse of the word "seriously" there. Fortunately I've been around the block enough times to know a ten year forecast in anything, apart from the tide tables, is unlikely to stand the test of time. So you put a flexible plan around them because it's better to have a plan than to have nothing.

3 hours ago, woolley said:

The National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR), established in 1938,[1] is Britain's oldest independent economic research institute. The institute is a London-based[2][3] independent EU-funded,

Oh look. What a surprise. EU funded to work against your interests paid for by your own money.

Dear me Woolster.

You're starting to sound a tad hysterical. Especially as you seem to have forgotten to include the other organisations that fund the NIESR. An accidental oversight I'm sure.

How are you getting on with your own figures?