So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

8 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

How would you know? The IOM has never been prepared to join the EU and accept its rules for doing so, neither have you.

More wrong assumptions. The IoM half joined in 1973. I was at university and voted in 1975. My passport allows me to settle and work throughout the EU. As IoM is in the U.K. IoM customs union, and inside the EU common external tariff area, and protocol 3 allows for free trade in goods ( including agriculture - after initial derogations ) the IoM has applied all its trade rules. Free movement of persons applies, subject to work permits in one direction and manxman status in the other.

13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

More wrong assumptions. The IoM half joined in 1973. I was at university and voted in 1975. My passport allows me to settle and work throughout the EU. As IoM is in the U.K. IoM customs union, and inside the EU common external tariff area, and protocol 3 allows for free trade in goods ( including agriculture - after initial derogations ) the IoM has applied all its trade rules. Free movement of persons applies, subject to work permits in one direction and manxman status in the other.

How much EU tax contribution have you (not other half) paid since 1973?

(Not indirect VAT etc, Direct EU annual contributions to EU budget - I am happy to use EU in house figures to prove IOM contributions to EU annual budget).

Which EU rules ( employment, discrimination etc. etc. ) have you operated within since 1973 in your Douglas will writing service?

Since 1973, has your legal practice operated strictly IAW with;

a) IOM law

B) EU law

?

Since 1973 has IOM law courts operated under;

a) Eu law

b) IOM law

?

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Really? IOM is in U.K. (Your full stops).

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So free movement does not apply then?

5 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

So free movement does not apply then?

Yes, and no. Any European can come and live here and vice versa. Remember IoM has no border or nationality controls of its own between U.K. and IoM. Any EU citizen who is in U.K. or Ireland  can come here without check, let, or hindrance. To work they must get a work permit, and so must the English and Irish, but they’re automatic nowadays for most employments and the number of manx who have the stamp in their passport disentitling them to work throughout Europe is very few. 2,000-3,000 out of 85,000.

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes, and no. Any European can come and live here and vice versa. Remember IoM has no border or nationality controls of its own between U.K. and IoM. Any EU citizen who is in U.K. or Ireland  can come here without check, let, or hindrance. To work they must get a work permit, and so must the English and Irish, but they’re automatic nowadays for most employments and the number of manx who have the stamp in their passport disentitling them to work throughout Europe is very few. 2,000-3,000 out of 85,000.

Yes, I know all that.

It's either 'free movement' or it is subject to conditions (i.e. NOT 'Free').

Conditions mean that it is 'Conditional movement' not 'Free movement' Yes?

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Learn to Read. 

I can read lawyer twists on phrase all day long Fella. Reading it is the easy bit, trying to find some truth within it is the hard bit. I'll leave it to others to judge the reputation of lawyers. The House of Commons is full of them.........

55 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I can read lawyer twists on phrase all day long Fella. Reading it is the easy bit, trying to find some truth within it is the hard bit. I'll leave it to others to judge the reputation of lawyers. The House of Commons is full of them.........

Not anymore. Mostly journalists. 

7 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Birching, Deemsters, No outside Lawyers unless permission granted - all EU compliant mmmmmmmm.................

In what way is the Manx birching issue related to the EU...And do not mention the European Court of Human Rights.

Deemsters are Crown appointments under the auspices of the Lt Governor they are advertising at the moment see link/ Off Island can apply.

https://www.gov.im/crownappointments

The Island's own laws regulate who gets to work as an Advocate with right of audience and you can import a lawyer with right of audience if you get what used to be the Lt Governor's licence but which I think may now be the 1st Deemster's licence. 

I recall a London Barrister Andrew Nichol QC representing a local applicant in IOM High Court and it was on Manx legal aid. I think the applicant was a local soft fruit grower name of Bandari or similar. I think he won and it is in Manx Law Reports.

The IOM Court of Appeal judge must be an off-Island QC apparently see link https://www.gov.im/news/2017/oct/10/judge-of-appeal-sworn-in/

England and Wales lawyers practise in the IOM but may not all have right of audience.

The Lt Governor appoints and empowers Manx Advocates by warrant.

This is how I recall it but there may have been changes. 

I cannot see EU influence in it if that is what you imply...

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

My expired so called Manx or British Islands passport issued locally 2008 has European Union stamped on the front. Do they still proclaim EU on the front..?

8 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

How much EU tax contribution have you (not other half) paid since 1973?

(Not indirect VAT etc, Direct EU annual contributions to EU budget - I am happy to use EU in house figures to prove IOM contributions to EU annual budget).

Which EU rules ( employment, discrimination etc. etc. ) have you operated within since 1973 in your Douglas will writing service?

Since 1973, has your legal practice operated strictly IAW with;

a) IOM law

B) EU law

?

Since 1973 has IOM law courts operated under;

a) Eu law

b) IOM law

?

I would very much like you to post evidence that the IOM pays contributions into the EU budget...And likewise that it receives some input or benefit in return. Also I have never received a tax demand from the EU nor its predecessor whether in UK or IOM. How much has the IOM paid the EU since 1994 out of interest.?