So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

9 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I look forward to a United Federation of Planets!  :alien:

If we managed to locate extraterrestrial intelligent life the next thing we would do would be to try to destroy it. Can't even live in harmony with each other, so what chance with aliens?  

12 minutes ago, woolley said:

They have form. Whittle national prerogatives away treaty by innocuous sounding treaty. In the end you would need a war to get out. 

the rejected constitution for europe=the lisbon treaty.......

same words just in a different order........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I and the Dear Leader have no need...BYO if you visit

No toilet rolls? Do you use a bone from one of your enemies as did the late Ayatollah Khomeini? (I do appreciate that there might be other valid reasons).

Edited by woolley

18 minutes ago, woolley said:

If we managed to locate extraterrestrial intelligent life the next thing we would do would be to try to destroy it. Can't even live in harmony with each other, so what chance with aliens?  

All the more reason why we should be working on living more harmoniously with other humans.  If we ever did find extraterrestrial intelligence maybe we will finally learn that borders drawn on a map are nothing compared to being from different planets.... 

12 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it will still be run by ze germans.......

Nigel Farage seems to like the Germans.... and I presume that he loves his kids.

2 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7623353/Royal-Mint-releases-new-coin-mark-30-years-Wallace-animated-companion.html

Brexit is dead KIA so no 50p coin they are being scrapped and recycled into Wallace and Gromit issue and which just about puts the kybosh on this whole mess

17 minutes ago, P.K. said:

At least they might finally get rid of Corbyn but it's too little too late imho.

Although they really need to get rid of McCluskey.

Aye. But it's conceding a majority to Boris, and an extra 2 years of Tory rule. Think of the damage that does to the poor, the old, the sick, and those in education. 

You don't let him call the election at a time when he can blame everything that's gone wrong on his term on "Parliament" which he'll turn into a synonym for "Labour", wait until people don't care whether he delivered Brexit or not. 

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

Corbyn's ideas of running an economy would be good for nobody. 

Poor fellow reminds me of a church caretaker and I should know as I used to be a church caretaker for Grosvenor St Aiden's Palatine road Manchester. And it was haunted. One night all the light switches clicked off in sequence and my brooms, mops and buckets all went clattering across the floor cast by an invisible hand. This is totally irrelevant but I am in that sort of mood. I feel an autobiography coming on...Was at a do in the City last Friday. Merchant Taylors' Hall. Those 200 retired shipbrokers really don't know how the other half lives. I for my sins have been forced to learn and pay back my Karma...Sorry, as you were saying er Brexit was it?

http://manchesterdirectory.co.uk/info/10419/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, woolley said:

Corbyn's ideas of running an economy would be good for nobody. 

He does remind one of Michael Foot and he was so out of touch. I recall him describing Birmingham as the workshop of the world which by then it was not. And the NHS as the envy of the world. Well a lot of people would like to have one but hardly envious...Personally I support it and would willingly pay a reasonable sub each week if the money went straight into it and not soaked up by HMG in a round about way. To paraphrase the Apollo astronauts. Just remember that the NHS equipment etc is provided by the cheapest bidder...Supposedly...