Traffic chaos

TheTeapot

Must be a good time to be in business if you are Paul Carey or Jimmy Cubbon eh? What a total mess our road network appears to be. Port Erin is a bombsite, duck street is closed and so Castletown was blocked this morning, foxdale is still shut and probably will be until 2018, apparently Bucks Road is about to be dug up, and in an absolute masterclass of planning The Prom will finally be resurfaced at the same time! Its been a while since I've been down north, but I'd imagine things are just as bad there, aren't they supposed to rebuild the road outside RGS soon?

I don't know if I've actually got a point to make, just more of an observation that there seems to be a lot going on.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why they don't leave bucks road until later in July.

Bucks road is to sort the gas main. No doubt it'll need to be done again in July to smoothe it out once the gas people have re-laid it.

I know what it is for but there is already a provision to get it done in July if there are issues prior to getting it done before TT.

It clearly isn't very urgent and could wait.

It gives them something to talk about on the radio in the morning. You should hear how excited they all get when announcing the traffic holdups. What's his name off 3FM nigh on pee's himself when there is a tail back at Ballasalla (which there is at least once a week because the bin men go to the old Ballasalla police station at 8:35 which blocks the road and roundabout...star route/time planning).

It can be annoying sometimes with the odd delay I agree, and a lot of things could be better, but do we really have traffic chaos on the Island? Not convinced.

A late Friday afternoon in high summer, gridlocked on the Edgeware Road at Marble Arch, trying to get anywhere(and dying for a piss), would give a perspective on all this.

Archived