Traffic chaos

TheTeapot

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Douglas and found that Chester Street carpark is free at 3pm on a weekday. Well I never. That will encourage me into town (I never shop in Douglas normally as I refuse to pay for parking or search for a spot so I go to Ramsey).

it's been free after three for months :-o

Not sure what they were thinking when they re-laid the bit of road opposite the Villa gardens on the seaward side ermm.gif

Why?

From the Traffic lights to Greensills Corner, if you want to avoid the bumps and hollows, the newly laid tarmac hugs the tram lines. Not sure why the didn't just widen that section and tarmac the whole bit. They seem to have done that on the landward side of that section.

Not sure what they were thinking when they re-laid the bit of road opposite the Villa gardens on the seaward side :ermm:

Why?

From the Traffic lights to Greensills Corner, if you want to avoid the bumps and hollows, the newly laid tarmac hugs the tram lines. Not sure why the didn't just widen that section and tarmac the whole bit. They seem to have done that on the landward side of that section.
Agree...was along earlier and seems a bit stupid not to have done the rest there. I wouldn't imagine with money being short that the Prom is going to happen in the next 3 years or more and then it's apparently going to take years. It is so much better though overall

I went to Douglas and found that Chester Street carpark is free at 3pm on a weekday. Well I never. That will encourage me into town (I never shop in Douglas normally as I refuse to pay for parking or search for a spot so I go to Ramsey).

Never understand this logic. So rather than pay £1.80 for a couple of hours parking in the center of town, you'd rather spend £5.50 odd on extra fuel and go to Ramsey? Why?

Never understand this logic. So rather than pay £1.80 for a couple of hours parking in the center of town, you'd rather spend £5.50 odd on extra fuel and go to Ramsey? Why?

Coz it's nicer?

Not sure what they were thinking when they re-laid the bit of road opposite the Villa gardens on the seaward side :ermm:

Why?

Have you been down the other side? Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they had tarmaced from the kerb outside the Gaiety to within a foot of the traffic island all the way up to the Villa!

Archived