Traffic chaos

TheTeapot

Popped down to town to do some shopping yesterday.

Got to the prom to park ... went along it, turned round, went home, went online.

Probably won't go back for another 10 years now, probably wont look any different either.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to the prom to park ... went along it, turned round, went home, went online.

Probably won't go back for another 10 years now, probably wont look any different either.

That sounds ridiculous.

Why don't you go today? Bottleneck and Shaw's Brow are free on Sundays if you won't stump up a whole £2 to park in M&S.

I mean people are going to take the piss out of x-in-man but he's got a point. The amount of times I've gone to impulse buy something, not found a park, and just gone "fuck it, impulse gone, I'll get it on Amazon" is huge.

Embarrassing

I will be surprised if the idiots that be as well as the fools on the hill don't decided to dig up Bucks Road again once the current roadworks are completed. In case anyone hasn't noticed, the pavements are really 3rd World, not 1st Class infrastructure. Also business will be affected - charity shops, Chippy, Newsbeat and Spar.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be surprised if the idiots that be as well as the fools on the hill don't decided to dig up Bucks Road again once the current roadworks are completed. In case anyone hasn't noticed, the pavements are really 3rd World, not 1st Class infrastructure. Also business will be affected - charity shops, Chippy, Newsbeat and Spar.

I understand Cooil Road is being dug up next week too to resurface outside where the new car dealership is going. Apparently the DOI worked out that people haven't been fucked about quite enough yet and are now going to add to all the other roadworks that are fucking around everyone trying get into and out of Douglas from North, South, East or West so they can work and pay taxes to pay for this incompetence.

It's alright lads, there COULD be some progress? within FOUR years.

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/minister-gives-update-on-lord-street/

That was brilliant. The way he says it could be sorted in two, (then thinks "Oh shit, what am I saying?") three, (then thinks "better hedge my bets a bit more.") or four years, but carries on in the vein that it's happening "soon" although no guarantees. Heard it all before Ray. Just leave it and we'll believe it when it comes out of the ground.

Tell you what, why don't we just leave things as they were a hundred years ago! That was OK. Wasn't it?

Just dig all the tarmac off the roads and cover them with mud. We can burn the tarmac in the incinerator, generate all that energy and the cleaned gravel could be piled up for a future generation to make up the roads with!

I think this may be the solution to all our problems, any more like this and we can do without MHKs, let alone MLCs!!!

Now to deal with that fuckwit....................( insert MHK name here.).

Alexander Drive in Douglas looks like it's being dug up yet again! Traffic lights there this morning. It was only dug up again, earlier this year. They seem to dig up this road at least 3-4 or more times a year. Inconvenient to road users and residents alike.

Archived